• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wladimir Klitschko: "I can beat Anthony Joshua in a rematch"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/35298...match-trilogy/

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...nthony-joshua/

[IMG]
    [/IMG]

Wladimir Klitschko eyes trilogy with Anthony Joshua after claiming he would win a rematch.
    Last edited by NahMean; 05-10-2017, 04:17 PM.

Sun is not a reputable source, but it doesn't state much anyway.

I hope Wlad doesn't do it. Although he can indeed beat AJ, chances are lower than the last time + he could be seriously hurt. All it takes is a punch or two. He has a lot of going for him outside of the boxing and he has nothing left to prove. but... well, nobody can say the fighter when to stop. It's horrible to live the rest of your life with 'what if...'

Comment

Of course he can.. I'd rather he retire but I'll root for him if he decides to ever fight again..
      War Wlad

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post

I hope Wlad doesn't do it. Although he can indeed beat AJ, chances are lower than the last time + he could be seriously hurt. All it takes is a punch or two. He has a lot of going for him outside of the boxing and he has nothing left to prove. but... well, nobody can say the fighter when to stop. It's horrible to live the rest of your life with 'what if...'
        I think the news is legit..

http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/excl...nthony-joshua/

“As you can imagine, he was absolutely disappointed after the fight in the locker room while we were all sitting together,” Boente told Boxing News.

“Now he feels better, he’s on vacation in Florida with his wife and daughter, relaxing a little bit and he’ll make his decision very quickly when he gets back, the latest at the beginning of June, or maybe in between, what his next step will be. That next step could be the rematch or that he retires, but that’s up to him.”

Comment

Hopefully AJ doesn't have to wait around too long to hear what klitsko decides. I'm really (really) looking forward to watching joshua batter that fat has-been fury.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post

Yea the Sun is a terrible source but many other outlets and more reliable ones have also reported this.

While this fight was mega and I want to see it again.. I just feel AJ will beat him more convincingly. The rematch will never live upto the first fight so for that reason I also want Vlad to retire.

Vlad is a hall of famer and this last fight was a courageous one and one of his best in a while.. the perfect fight to retire after. Last thing I want is for Vlad to be remembered as the guy who got blasted out the ring like Hopkins.

AJ now has a psychological advantage over him having stopped him.
            Vlad is coming off 2 back to back losses and the last one being a KO to the guy he’s remacting
            AJ had so much pressure in the first fight that undoubtedly effected his performance.. How will he handle 90k fans, how will he handle adversity and comeback from a knockdown, how will he look in the championship rounds.

He’s experienced all of this now so this isn’t new territory.. He’ll perform so much better in a rematch.

Comment

I think that is a great fight to end a career on to be honest. In my opinion Wlad was getting outworked in the first 4 rounds, and then all the drama started in the 5th, and the fight took a different turn from there. Is Joshua going to get better? Most likely yes. Is Wlad? Most likely no.

But fighters don't always use logic, and that is what makes them fighters and gives them the ability to defy tough odds.

I don't think anyone would mind seeing it again.

Comment

Wlad deserves another crack after nearly finishing AJ, plus big fights like these (fights that actually live up to the hype) really revive interest in boxing.

Comment

It was a great fight and ordinarily that would mean a rematch but it's just Wlad's age and the fact he dominated the division for a decade that puts it on the backburner a bit.

This is the fight I would want again because there is no way that Wlad doesn't find the same holes again. And the styles mesh perfectly. But yeah, it is a dangerous fight for Wlad and less so for Joshua.

Comment

wlad i never use to be your fan........but in that fight i grew to love you. the heart you showed was so respectable.

i feel like you should not fight joshua again. joshua is green but learned a lot in that fight and wlad will end up hurt in a rematch. joshua was for the taken but now probably learned too much.

Comment

Working...
                    X