No announcement yet.

How many ppv buys do you suppose...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many ppv buys do you suppose...

...are automatically a result of having it on cinco de mayo or mexican independence day weekends? I see posters say that mexicans are the most loyal boxing fans...so do you think those ppvs automatically sell more than others? Maybe 10%? More? What say you...

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    ...are automatically a result of having it on cinco de mayo or mexican independence day weekends? I see posters say that mexicans are the most loyal boxing fans...so do you think those ppvs automatically sell more than others? Maybe 10%? More? What say you...
    It all depends on the names involved, when you have no name fighters involved like liam smith or jeff horn the push could almost be minimal, but if you have decent fights or at least apealing names you could increase sales maybe by 10 or 20 pct depending on the demographic targeted, imo...

Comment

Honestly I've kinda started to associate Cinco de Mayo with boxing. Drink some dos equis and watch fights. If I was iffy about ordering a fight I would definitely be more likely to get it on that weekend just because its become a bit of a tradition.

Comment

I've always thought it was a little overstated, though even if it's 5 to 10% more, that's huge for the # crunchers and promoters. The people whose job it is to maximise profits.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
          Honestly I've kinda started to associate Cinco de Mayo with boxing. Drink some dos equis and watch fights. If I was iffy about ordering a fight I would definitely be more likely to get it on that weekend just because its become a bit of a tradition.
          Ew bro, that beer is nasty af.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
            It all depends on the names involved, when you have no name fighters involved like liam smith or jeff horn the push could almost be minimal, but if you have decent fights or at least apealing names you could increase sales maybe by 10 or 20 pct depending on the demographic targeted, imo...
            Kinda how i look at it...it has to be a somewhat marquee matchup and there has to be mexicans on the card.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
              My coworkers don't know anything about boxing, they just know that on Cinco de Mayo weekend and Mexican Independence weekend they all get together to make some food, drink beer and watch the fights. It's become an annual family tradition for them, as I assume for many, as it's been for me for years.

I thought the tradition started with Chavez Sr., but he only fought 6 times on either of those dates.

Oscar de la Hoya did it 10 times.

Mayweather did it 11 times.

Canelo 10 times too, 11 with GGG, but only 5 times as a main event, 6 with GGG.

Comment

if you have a mexican or mexican-american prob 75 percent of the buys. thats why floyd always cherry picked guys like that(cept for marg too dangerous)

Comment

Working...
                X