Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is Danny Jacobs going to fight next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lemiuex or Saunders. Saunders has a fight in July I think so assuming he wins, Jacobs probably gotta wait till November or Dec to fight Saunders.

Comment

Lemule would be good, maybe David will actually try training for that. Or Charlo, which one is it thats a mw now. I cant keep their names straight.

Comment

He fought once last year after making his first $1 mil from the Quillin fight. What makes you think he'll fight anytime soon after making $4 mil in his last fight? This sport needs new stars on a constant basis.

Comment

How about Lara vs Jacobs. They are both good fighters and good cry babies. If Lara can't beat Jacobs he has no business calling out GGG. If Jacobs can't beat Lara he doesn't deserve a rematch. Jacobs could also fight Saunders or Eubank if either of them will do more than just talk a good fight. The main thing is for Jacobs to quit complaining he got robbed in his home state. He should get back in the ring and show that he is always as good as he looked against GGG. Lemieux is another excellent opponent and Lemieux will fight anybody. I think Jacobs is the third best middleweight in the world behind GGG and Canelo and in front of Lemieux and Saunders. If he is better than that he should prove it in the ring. Losing a close UD to GGG is impressive but he still lost.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            How about Lara vs Jacobs. They are both good fighters and good cry babies. If Lara can't beat Jacobs he has no business calling out GGG. If Jacobs can't beat Lara he doesn't deserve a rematch. Jacobs could also fight Saunders or Eubank if either of them will do more than just talk a good fight. The main thing is for Jacobs to quit complaining he got robbed in his home state. He should get back in the ring and show that he is always as good as he looked against GGG. Lemieux is another excellent opponent and Lemieux will fight anybody. I think Jacobs is the third best middleweight in the world behind GGG and Canelo and in front of Lemieux and Saunders. If he is better than that he should prove it in the ring. Losing a close UD to GGG is impressive but he still lost.
            Good post. I'd green k you if it would let me again.

Comment

either lara or charlo. both are with al gaymon so it should be easy to make but we all know it won't happen. we won't see jacobs until next year against a bum.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                How about Lara vs Jacobs.
                Lara actually called out the Jacobs vs Quillin winner when he was promoting his Zaveck fight.

Nov 2015,
                Lara answering a question pre Zaveck fight:

"Obviously the big fights, that's the reason I'm in the sport. But if we can't get the Canelos and we can't get the Golovkins, there's the winner of Danny Jacobs and Quillin, and there's Andy Lee. All those guys are targets I want to get at 160 if I get the opportunity. If not, I'm going to keep conquering 154 pounds and defending my titles against the best guys who'll get in the ring against me."

http://www.boxingscene.com/lara-his-...eweight--98515

Comment

Lara would be a meaningful fight. PBC should make it.

Comment

Still no word.... Chavez looking like the only possible fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time
                      He is scheduled to or supposed to be fighting on the undercard of Golovkin-Canelo. No opponent mentioned yet.
                      Nobody is available or willing. Not Lemieux, Saunders, Murata, Willie Monroe Jr. They should give Korobov or Lee a call. Then beat up Jr. for exposure.

Comment

Working...
                      X