DeGale's opponant

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless it is part of the tournament and Degale/Kessler is a quarter final

Comment

A lot of people saying its Callum Smith today, no idea how thats come about. Ohara Davies vs Robbie Davies Jr main support

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
        A lot of people saying its Callum Smith today, no idea how thats come about. Ohara Davies vs Robbie Davies Jr main support
        Callum Smith'll fight against Anthony Dirrell for WBC super middleweight title but the fight date has not been announced yet. I guess they have not agreed yet.

Comment

I believe RC is right about Smith vs Dirrell. I didn't know DeGale was going to be fighting soon, but if so it's probably an easy defense after the fights he's been in recently. I think David Brophy could be a possibility after his upset of Zac Dunn, Rocky Fielding would make sense as well

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
            I believe RC is right about Smith vs Dirrell. I didn't know DeGale was going to be fighting soon, but if so it's probably an easy defense after the fights he's been in recently. I think David Brophy could be a possibility after his upset of Zac Dunn, Rocky Fielding would make sense as well
            Yeah, Im aware hes supposed to be fighting Dirrell, but theres a lot of chatter that Degale/Smith is getting announced at the end of the week, surprised myself.

Comment

Check the IBF rankings, last month Smith unranked, this month hes in at 10, despite not boxing since December

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                Isn't it supposed to be getting announced today? Who will it be?

I've heard rumours that it could be Mikkell Kessler!! Probably just his mandatory though.
                I doubt it is Kessler, even though it has drawn out announcing his comeback opponent. Fighting DeGale after 4 years absence would be foolish.

Personally I thought Kessler was clearly over the hill in the second Froch fight and here we are 4 years later and some people, including his promotor, is trying to tell us he is still a too smw.

Of course smw is not as strong as it was, but that is a reach.

This comeback is a bad idea imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                  Unless it is part of the tournament and Degale/Kessler is a quarter final
                  They aren't announcing the tournament participants til July + they are ranking the top 4 guys & the top 3 get to pick their first round opponent from the bottom 4 so I highly doubt it.

When is this fight going to take place? July? August? He might not even be lining up well for a fight in September when the first round is going to take place.

How much money is DeGale making these days? Might not even be worth it to fight in the tournament if he's making $2M+ per fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    When is this fight going to take place? July? August?
                    Degales fighting July 1st

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      How much money is DeGale making these days? Might not even be worth it to fight in the tournament if he's making $2M+ per fight.
                      I don't think he's made $2m in one fight yet (probably only made $1m once or twice), but Smith, Groves and Eubank are all big fights for him over here so he may prefer that route to the WBSS tourney. Although Groves, being a Sauerland fighter, could enter the tournament regardless and then that could have a domino effect on the other Brits in the division

Comment

Working...
                      X