No announcement yet.

One dimensional fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A.K View Post
    So you saying he a 1 punch KO artist or....
    Yup exactly

Who also got a bit exposed by a decent boxer in jacobs.

Ggg is stiff and that vic darchiyan crouching posture he has going on isn't that appealing either.

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
      Why is it that come forward fighters are called one dimensional and then you have fighters who can only box of the backfoot called master boxers?
      Good point.

Comment

I think it's about levels when a fighter is perceived as one dimensional.

95% of the boxers we talk on this board can fight more than one way or they wouldn't have got this far.

Someone like Ricky Hatton for example has straight outfoxed and outboxed Eamon Magee after getting put down and he also outboxed a stronger Juan Urango. As the talent of his opponents increased that was no longer an option.

I am trying to think of a real one dimensional type and struggling.

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
          Why is it that come forward fighters are called one dimensional and then you have fighters who can only box of the backfoot called master boxers?
          Out of interest who says that exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
            Flat footed combos... slow motion to me fast to the Mehhhican casual.
            Having fast feet =\= fast combos.....

Comment

Coming forward doesn't make you one dimensional. Some boxers are just limited in their skills. How many times do we see boxers look spectacular against lesser opponents but look lost when they move up in competition? It's hard to say a boxer is one dimensional when they make it all the way to the professional ranks.

Comment

I'd cite Amir Khan and Terry Flanagan as examples of one-dimensional out-fighters

Comment

Working...
                X