Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Either Canelo or GGG beat Each other, they have the better single win the Pac/May

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by g27region View Post
    No, man. You're a sensible poster but I have to disagree. Even Canelo might be far from being fresh 26, not to mention Golovkin is 35 y.o and most of the fighters are washed up when they reach that age. Floyd and Manny has better wins than that
    This is opinionated thread, so disagreeing is welcome. Though I consider Golovkin still in his prime and Canelo will get 100% credit if he beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      It's even sadder knowing his greatest win was knocked out in 2 rounds in his Natural weight class.
      What is sad? If Floyd had a win over kostya tszyu it would have been his best win at the time, better than Castillo and an old de la Hoya.

The fact that he beat the guy who beat the guy made it an even better win. Hatton was undefeated in his prime and Floyd fought the best version of hatton anyone has ever fought.

It was a phenomenal win.

Comment

Thread starter says "f l omos".

He says PAC was pst prime even doe Floyd is older...

Hi Rath! How's the alt coming along?

Comment

The thing is, it would be a gigantic cloud over both mens resumes, if they hadn't met. Same with GGG and Canelo - Everyone would always mention it, when talking about their resumes. So happily we get GGG vs. Canelo in a time, where both are fresh, I'd almost think tot call them both prime.

Comment

If Pacquiao won his victory would still be celebrated today. Mayweather was being called a coward and a fraud for years so of course his victory was significant. It was a clear victory but yet people are still crying about it.

Golovkin beating Canelo won't be better than Mayweather beating Canelo. We're already saw Golovkin get a questionable decision and for the first time he failed to get a KO so we know his time is coming.

Mayweather's victory is more significant but that's just my opinion and we're all entitled to our own.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
              If Pacquiao won his victory would still be celebrated today. Mayweather was being called a coward and a fraud for years so of course his victory was significant. It was a clear victory but yet people are still crying about it.

Golovkin beating Canelo won't be better than Mayweather beating Canelo. We're already saw Golovkin get a questionable decision and for the first time he failed to get a KO so we know his time is coming.

Mayweather's victory is more significant but that's just my opinion and we're all entitled to our own.
              That's a good points actually. Had Pacquaio won, it would've been one of the greatest victories ever. With Mayweather winning, in his usual style, it became just another win for FM. Which disgusted people and therefor became downplayed. Still a great win for Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post

Pac already has a better resume than Floyd and beating the unbeatable fighter would have cemented pac's story as the greatest of this era.

By the way the girl in your Avi is fine as hell.

Comment

No Just no

Comment

Floyd's greatest single win: Pacquiao (Past Prime, Still Good), Canelo (Green, still Good)

While GGG beats a Prime Canelo. While Canelo beats a Prime Golovkin.
                    imo, the past prime oscar that fought floyd was a better win than pac, canelo or ggg...

Comment

Floyd's greatest single win: Pacquiao (Past Prime, Still Good), Canelo (Green, still Good)

While GGG beats a Prime Canelo. While Canelo beats a Prime Golovkin.
                      It feels like you are posting this solely to minimize Floyd beating Manny. Manny was ranked higher p4p than GGG or Canelo is right now (not counting ESPN that has GGG#1). Floyd already beat a Prime Canelo so I don't know how GGG beating him would be better.

Comment

Working...
                      X