Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOOoooooo When Are We Gonna Get Details Of The GGG vs Canelo Deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    When those real PPV numbers and ticket sales for Jacobs-GGG came in GGG bent over. That's why Oscar said the fight was easy to make. It only took two weeks. Reality, not media hype, set in for K2 and GGG
    Pretty much.
    Also tell fact that many saw Jacob's winning the fight, let them know the reality of where they really were.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
      Remember when LLL wanted 50/50 or no fight?
      Who is lll? Never heard of him

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
        My guess is a 80- 20 split or a 5 million flat fee. Set at 160 with the arena based on who bids the highest for the fight.

Nelo name first in everything, last for Ring walk etc.
        ^^^85/15 and half the guarantee (excluding the Mexico rights and most of the international rights), but yeah

Comment

who cares??????

Comment

I guess that is interesting but I am just glad they are fighting. Canelo will get more of course but they will both make a fortune and I won't get a penny of it.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              who cares??????
              A lot of people - it is interesting to see the business side of boxing, and learn how the splits, percentages, and clauses work out..

Comment

Probably 60/40 split for Canelo, or maybe some weird number like 63/37.

Definitely somewhere in between 70/30, and 60/40.

Anything more or less, one way or the other, would be ludicrous for either side to accept.

Comment

Originally posted by ESAU View Post
                  Probably 60/40 split for Canelo, or maybe some weird number like 63/37.

Definitely somewhere in between 70/30, and 60/40.

Anything more or less, one way or the other, would be ludicrous for either side to accept.
                  I agree with this. The money was only a problem when Canelo did not want the fight. The moment they were ready to make the fight, the fight got made. Hmm..... this reminds me of another big fight... where a fighter made a ridiculous offer to duck a fighter, then when he was ready to fight he gave him a legit offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    When those real PPV numbers and ticket sales for Jacobs-GGG came in GGG bent over. That's why Oscar said the fight was easy to make. It only took two weeks. Reality, not media hype, set in for K2 and GGG
                    GGG-Jacobs was almost sell out, close to 4 millions in gate.
                    Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    Remember when LLL wanted 50/50 or no fight?
                    Never happened.

But I remember when Canelo vacated his belt. And when GBP said they avoided GGG because Canelo wasn't ready for Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                    X