No announcement yet.

This was a quick cash grab.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This was a quick cash grab.

Either Chavez got paid to take a dive or everyone knew he was a bum with no chance, which im sure the second choice everyone one would agree. They had the GGG fight signed and the whole wwe style entrance setup and ready before this fight.

Terribly disgraceful and worthless fight. Pity because the undercards were good.

Comment

Have you seen this bum fight? His proudest moment was nearly knocking out a one legged Sergio Martinez in a fluke round.

Comment

tell me where chavez jr was ranked? oh nowhere? he sucks. why would you think he was good? hes lost to guys like brian vera.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          tell me where chavez jr was ranked? oh nowhere? he sucks. why would you think he was good? hes lost to guys like brian vera.
          He also had a horrendous showing before this fight in Mexico against a bum. But if you could fool the public and get money why not.

Comment

Of course it was a cash grab. No sports reason the fight should have taken place other than the fact that many wanted to see it and there was a demand from the fans for it.

Think Lennox Lewis/Tyson.
            Tyson was so past his prime only reason it took place was because of the $$$

Bet you the rating in Mexico for this fight are through the roof.

Comment

Oscar De La Mula laughing all the way to the bank. Wouldn't shock me if it did some good PPV buys!

Comment

Well it worked... got my money... not gonna lie

Comment

Made upwards of 10 mil for the worst performance I've seen in a PPV Main Event. He's disgraced himself. But he got rich doing it.

Comment

No shit. I thought everyone knew that? Last time Chavez fought a decent opponent was a couple years ago against Fonfara and he got KOd. He obviously didn't earn himself a big PPV. But he's Mexican and has the Chavez name on Cinco de Mayo weekend. Mo money Mo money Mo money.

What was brilliant was the tactic by Golden Boy/Canelo to announce the Golovkin fight minutes after the fight and immediately everyone has already forgotten about the PPV ripoff with Chavez and how shitty of a fight it was lol. Gotta hand it to them, that was fucking brilliant because now everyone is excited about September. I would have been pissed if I bought that PPV, but now we're all talking about the real fight in September!

Comment

Working...
                    X