Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Golovkin Deal Finalized For September!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin bruises and cuts easily i wouldnt be suprised if canelo beats him

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxingFan82 View Post
      This is an important observation for anybody trying to make predictions about GGG-Canelo based on the Chavez fight.

According to CompuBox, Chavez only landed 15 jabs in the entire Canelo fight. In other words, Chavez did close to nothing to try to set up power shots.

For comparison, in his last 13 fights, Golovkin has landed ~10 jabs per round, well above the middleweight average. And a lot of those jabs are power jabs capable of buzzing opponents.

As Paulie Malignaggi noted when Canelo fought Khan, Canelo "clearly has troubles when guys jab him. He doesn’t jab back."

The Chavez fight did nothing to prepare Canelo for Golovkin.

in his last 13 fights, Golovkin fought far inferior - often overmatched - opponents, many of whom turned up as a spectator..... those stats will count for nothing against Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
        Are you sure you're willing to gamble all your >> Points: 1,579.15
        what about the loser never ever comment in this site again?

Comment

• This fight is going to be tough for both guys . There's a lot of intangibles and questions.

It may very well go 12 rounds. Canelo won't be able to knock Triple G out. He couldn't knock out Matthew Hatton, Old Mosley, Trout, Cotto and tonight a walking punching bag zombie.

We saw the shots Triple G took against Jacobs. Canelo won't be able to knock him out.

If a knock out happens it would be a late stoppage on Triple G's side.

Though Canelo is going to be tough because of his fast hands and strength. But he doesn't hit hard enough to knock Triple G out.

If Triple G fought Chavez Jr. tonight at 164.5 pounds. Do you think Chavez Jr. would have made it to round 12? Yeah, exactly.

So get ready guys, the fun is about to begin!

Comment

• Answer yourselves this. If Triple G fought Chavez Jr. tonight at 164, with the way Chavez fought. Do you think Chavez Jr. would have lasted the full 12 rounds?

Hell nah, he would've been beaten down and knocked out at some point.

But this fight is going to be tough for both guys, a lot of intangibles. I'm glad Canelo is finally taking on a PPV worthy opponent since the Cotto-Canelo fight.

Comment

• Thank ****ing goodness. Can't wait.

Comment

• Nelo always has to reset after a combo, steps back straightens his gloves. Will never launch a sustained flurry. Can he throw more than 50 punches in a round? He's never had to...yet

Comment

• war ggg! fair play for canelo finally finding his bollocks, youre getting seriously hurt in september though

Comment

• Originally posted by Triple L View Post
                    Can't wait til Canelo beats him... then, all these broke village peasants will disappear from my boxing site.
                    What we need to disappear on this website is haters like you.

How sad it is to disrespect a fighter on his avi and username just because he doesn't fit your agenda...

I'm tired of people disrespecting fighters, especially when they never ducked anybody and tried to make the best fights in their division like GGG.

If GGG beat Nelo, he'll probably be fighter of the year after his Jacobs win.

The Jacobs fight was close but GGG fairly edged it, a very nice win because DJ can box and is big ass.

Not sure if Nelo is a threat as big as DJ at 160, he doesn't have the pop or lenght DJ does possess.

Nelo himself has speed but GGG against Brook or DJ proved he can deal with it.

I would not parad that much, GGG will be taller and will find his distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Thank ****ing goodness. Can't wait.
                      yeah, hard fight to pick.

I'm not sure AT ALL about the result.

Comment

Working...
                      X