Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Chuck Wepner Movie (The Real Rocky Balboa)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chuck Wepner Movie (The Real Rocky Balboa)

Def gonna give this one a ganders.........

wachugot?

Not too long ago I watched the ESPN documentary of him titled The Real Rocky. It was a good documentary. I recall reading the list of Wepner's injuries when he fought Liston which included 72 stitches to his face and a broken cheekbone.

Comment

I had no idea that was Ray Donovan's Liev Schreiber until I saw the credits at the end...I'm sold already. It looks pretty good.

Comment

I finally found this fight with commentary. It really is the template for Rocky 1. Creed messes with Balboa for the first few rounds, gets dropped and then unleashes everything he's got. Same with the fight. Except for one thing...Ali claims Wepner stood on his foot and that's why he fell. In any case, it was a great fight and Wepner showed tremendous heart.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          I finally found this fight with commentary. It really is the template for Rocky 1. Creed messes with Balboa for the first few rounds, gets dropped and then unleashes everything he's got. Same with the fight. Except for one thing...Ali claims Wepner stood on his foot and that's why he fell. In any case, it was a great fight and Wepner showed tremendous heart.
          Linx!?!?!?!

Comment

I'm interested for sure. My girl is always pissed that I don't take her to movies so I'm going to "happen to" take her to the theatre when this is about to play. Wish me luck boys.

Comment

I will definitely watch this. ESPN 30 for 30 on wepner is great if you havent seen it. Talks about how Stallone kept stealing from his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-O Suave View Post
                Def gonna give this one a ganders.........

wachugot?
                Wow. I can't believe they're giving this bum his own movie. Such a waste. Pretty funny that Liev Shriber plays him since he does all the HBO 24/7 commentaries. Ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                  I'm interested for sure. My girl is always pissed that I don't take her to movies so I'm going to "happen to" take her to the theatre when this is about to play. Wish me luck boys.
                  LOL. Gotta love coincidences. Good luck, man!!

Comment

He was already 36 years old when he fought Ali.

Impressive resume for a guy who never won the title: Ali, George Foreman, Buster Mathis, Sonny Liston, Duane Bobick, Joe Bugner, and Ernie Terrell.

Comment

Working...
                    X