Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Prepared To 'Take Out' Wilder, Fury, Parker - 'One By One!'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
    Just to make the facts clear: Kellerman asked him as a last question if there is anything else he'd like to add to which AJ gave a "generic" answer. Puzzled, Kellerman asked him if he's simply not going to mention Wilder to which AJ gave another "generic" answer and to conclude, AJ gave Shannon Briggs a shoutout!
    The shoutout was epic lol but I didn't think his answer to the Wilder question was that generic tbh. I don't think he's worried about that scrap. But he didn't bring it up.

I honestly think we (Americans) are discounting how much he hears about Fury in the UK. It's probably unbearable lol I'd imagine most people in the UK don't have much respect for Wilder (rightly so), so the first name he said was the one that annoys him the most.

Comment

Joshua beats them all at the moment. The only one I can see giving him real problems if he can get back to anywhere near his best, is Fury.

Sorry to the Wilder fans, but anyone who thinks he beats AJ needs their head testing. No way one of those crude windmills lands and he ain't winning on points.

AJ is the clear no. 1 at this point until proven otherwise

Comment

Much bigger $ in fighting Fury or Wlad again...Bum- Squad is so unpopular here in the US he is relegated to defending his title on a college campus in his hometown. Pitiful 2 yr title reign for the most unpopular Us HW champ in recent memory.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONCHINHAGLER View Post
          Much bigger $ in fighting Fury or Wlad again...Bum- Squad is so unpopular here in the US he is relegated to defending his title on a college campus in his hometown. Pitiful 2 yr title reign for the most unpopular Us HW champ in recent memory.
          This is an exaggeration in some regard. Wilder actually does pretty good live gate business in NYC. (see the Spilka live gate) He's likely fighting in Bama because he wants to or his team thinks they can build up a following in Bama (not smart)

But he's definitely not that popular generally. If he fought in NYC more he'd be a more attractive brand. Would be in way more media outlets for sure. Especially with his personality (the guy is funny to watch and does stop guys; although mostly bums.)

Comment

Anthony's come a long way... a lot of people thought he got lucky in the Olympics and doubted him in the pro ranks, but he's gone straight to the top in 19 fights.

Big credit to him, but this is only the beginning. Joshua still hasn't fought a prime champion yet, and fans are still doubting his abilities. The belts are split up among three different men, and nobody can say when or even if the unifications will happen.

Wladimir also has a rematch clause in the fight agreement, so he may be back in the gym grinding again before too long.

Comment

Originally posted by aretrospective View Post
              Sorry to the Wilder fans, but anyone who thinks he beats AJ needs their head testing. No way one of those crude windmills lands and he ain't winning on points.

Comment

Whoever Lands First

Originally posted by The Time View Post
                This is true, but because of Wilder's technical deficiencies and flaws and being that Joshua is technically skillfully better. Joshua would land the big shot most likely before Wilder and then it would be Good Night Wilder.

Whoever gets that first big shot in. I would put my money on AJ to get that big shot off first.
                I agree with your assessment on Joshua vs. Wilder. I noticed that Joshua was a bit gassed in the fifth and sixth rounds. One advantage that goes to Wilder is the stamina. One thing I see Wilder doing that Klitschko did not do is go to the body.

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  Watch the hbo interview silly boy...he mentions wilder as well....he mentions klitchcko rematch and he mentions fury !! Whats the big deal as joshua smashes all of them one at a time......its most likely pulev otherwise he gets stripped of one of his belts......pacience son they will all get whats coming to them lol
                  Just watched the HBO version. Like another poster in here said, AJ gave a generic answer like "well if the fight should happen then ok". He didn't call Wilder out or really even say he wanted to fight him or Parker to clean up the division. Disappointing

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Just watched the HBO version. Like another poster in here said, AJ gave a generic answer like "well if the fight should happen then ok". He didn't call Wilder out or really even say he wanted to fight him or Parker to clean up the division. Disappointing
                    I don't think Joshua is worried about wilder fella ..come on lol

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                      Calling out guys doesnt mean a contract is getting sighned . The truth is Wilder couldve walked in the ring but he didnt bc hes already did his WWE stunt with Fury .It would make him look more like a character from wrestling and Joshua is about reality not calling guys out like Wilder with improbable matches to make .

He knows Wilder is a hard man to get in the ring and knows the fight wont take place any time soon ,why wouldn't he call Fury out who is his competition on his home land? Ortiz/Pulev/Parker .....possible Klitchko again .

These are up next he doesn't need to call them out ,thats not how matches are made by shouting over ropes there made by guys who go and meet with the others team and sign an actual contract !

Comment

Working...
                      X