Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Absolutely nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      Yet his power still carries into the later rounds. He can end it with one punch in the first or twelfth round
      Like he ended it against Stiverne?

Comment

I think people underestimate Wilder's intelligence in getting that right in. What's that quote, fear the man who practices one kick 1000 times.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
          I hope you're not thinking Joshua is as durable as Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            it's a total myth that Deontay Wilder's stamina is anything but average.

Just look at how sluggish and slow he's looking when he goes beyond 5 rounds. And this is against substantially lower level than Klitschko.
            Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
            How did his boxing skills look against Stiverne?

Comment

How did his boxing skills look against Stiverne?
              So because he outboxed 6'2 Stiverne he will do the same to AJ..... not that AJ is an amazing boxer, I view him as a strong guy that can box but Wilder is garbage from a skill standpoint.

Joshua would have pummelled Stiverne.

The way some of these American posters talk about Wilder you would think dude is actually good, sometimes I'm not sure I'm watching the same fighter as you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                I hope you're not thinking Joshua is as durable as Stiverne.
                Durability is not even in the question because Wilder will not have the height and reach advantages or the openings to throw as much as he did against Stiverne. I laugh when people reference the Stiverne fight... "oh Wilder threw 600 punches against Stiverne" ..... so flipping what??

Comment

Its really hard to assess Wilder, or chronicle progress, for lack of quality opposition.

His footwork isn't great, and i've seen few improvements in the jab. Oh, and he is often wide open when lunging in.

But, really, it is difficult to assess his qualities. Time for him to step up. He's 'champion', after all!

Comment

i think wilder's a bigger hitter with his right hand. he's also got a better body for 12 rounds of boxing. joshua's going to get tired and need a blow. wilder's obviously not impervious to tiring, but he's got a better shot by not being so bulky.

that's about it. joshua does everything else better and is going to kill wilder. it's hw and wilder will have a puncher's chance. that is it. will be an exciting fight. it's hw and the fights should be exciting if the stakes are high and the guys can punch. this division is going to make it back to tv in the coming years.

Comment

Yet his power still carries into the later rounds. He can end it with one punch in the first or twelfth round
                      And so did joshua. against an infinitely better opponent than anyone Wilder has faced.

Comment

Working...
                      X