Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko - CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Wladimir Klitschko - CompuBox Punch Stats

High drama at Wembley. Anthony Joshua had a 43-22 edge punches landed over the first 4 rounds (24-5 edge in power landed), including a knockdown. Klitschko then awoke, outlanding Joshua 24-21 in power shots in rounds 5 & 6, dropping the undefeated champ in round 6.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Yeah, felt like even fight prior to 11th. The difference is the 11th round.

Comment

You can see where AJ gassed, 53 punches in round 5 the peak of the fight. After that his work rate dropped considerably until he gained his 2nd wind.

Comment

Based on the judges' cards (which seems to be supported by these stats), Wladmir would've needed a KO to win had the ref let him continue. It was a good stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          You can see where AJ gassed, 53 punches in round 5 the peak of the fight. After that his work rate dropped considerably until he gained his 2nd wind.
          He did not get gassed from being arm weary... The difference was the monster uppercut that Wlad landed and the subsequent knockdown. AJ's legs were not under him until after round 7. Without legs you cannot throw a hard punch.

53 punches in a round is NOT a lot. The AVG is ~40 for HW. Aside from the drama in rds 5-7, this fight was very, very low in activity.

Comment

How did the idiotic judges give Joshua any round from 6 - 10?

Boxing judges are the worst.

Comment

These numbers seem to back up how I saw the fight, and I imagine how many others saw it too.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                How did the idiotic judges give Joshua any round from 6 - 10?

Boxing judges are the worst.
                9 was very close (could've went to either guy) Nothing decisive was there.

Joshua clearly won 10 in my view.

Comment

It's much better it finished with the stoppage.
                  I feel it would be a controversial decision and it would put an ugly mark on a beauty.

Although Wlad lost, I feel like this is close to perfect way to finish the ATG career. On his feet, getting up twice against the massive puncher and giving it all.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
                    He did not get gassed from being arm weary... The difference was the monster uppercut that Wlad landed and the subsequent knockdown. AJ's legs were not under him until after round 7. Without legs you cannot throw a hard punch.

53 punches in a round is NOT a lot. The AVG is ~40 for HW. Aside from the drama in rds 5-7, this fight was very, very low in activity.
                    Was trying to explain this yesterday. Joshua was likely "gassed" due to a combination of adrenaline (I think the excitement from celebrating the knockdown made him dizzy) and taking those shots right after.

It wasn't a conditioning issue at all. Although he could stand to lose 5 lbs or so.

Comment

Working...
                    X