Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Joshua Fights Wilder In The Next 12 Months...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust me all the people with knowledge of the sport and picking the right winner will pick AJ to win easily. You are emotionally invested and/or too casual to realize that, there's a reason neither of you is in the top 10 Pick Em game either.

Comment

Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
      Have people forgotten that big HW's like Duhaupas and Washington were jabbing the **** out of Wilder? If Helenius beats Chisora, I think he could present some problems for Wilder
      This. Joshua, while a bit too offensively textbook, will have a long enough reach to land jabs consistently just like Duhapas and Washington did. Wilder is a bit too loose defensively, which could work for and against him. Joshua needs to become less offensively predictable, while Wilder needs to tighten up defensively.
      Last edited by kiaba360; 04-30-2017, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
        Trust me all the people with knowledge of the sport and picking the right winner will pick AJ to win easily. You are emotionally invested and/or too casual to realize that, there's a reason neither of you is in the top 10 Pick Em game either.

Comment

If Joshua and Wilder were to fight right now I would favor Joshua to win.

They both hit hard, I believe Wilder hits a little harder than Joshua but the difference is in the technical skills between the two of them.

Joshua is technically more skilled and disciplined. It would definitely be a great fight. But because of the difference in technique and skill level, Joshua would most likely land the big shot first and Wilder would most likely get knocked out before he is able to land his big right hand.

Of course there is always a chance of Wilder getting lucky and getting that big shot in first as well. But if I were a betting man, I would put my money on Joshua to win because he has the better chance to land first due to him being more technically sound and disciplined with his skills than Wilder.

To be honest I'm upset that Wilder is not being trained by or hasn't seeked out training by a top trainer like Abel Sanchez, Robert Garcia, etc...

The trainer Wilder has now is not correcting his flaws and fundamental mistakes. Someone should have been helped Wilder to straighten out his punches and throw them tighter. And teach him good technique and discipline with his punches and skill.

Wilder really needs to correct all of that. Because while very true he has that equalizer with his power. When he fights a top, top guy who hits hard and has really good technical skills he runs the serious risk of losing and losing by knockout at that. He needs to shore all of that up.
          Last edited by The Time; 04-30-2017, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
            That's fine, I am the man who went seven years with theproudlunatic. I can make something out of nothing.

You see what you call sloppy is really your lack of understanding boxing as whole. You want Wilder to hit and not be hit, but not every game plan requires it. Wilder's doesn't require him to win the punch count to win on points let alone the KO.

If you think guys like Washington and Szpilka were ahead and incontrol not only to do not recognize basic elements of the game, but you also suffer from a bit of cognitive dissonance to justify how he gets his KOs. No doubt you assume it's luck or some such similar nonsense that absolutely defies mathematics and physics.

Either way, you figure out the secret to his power and you'll also know why it's silly to say he was being outboxed by anyone he's faced yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
              The trainer Wilder has now is not correcting his flaws and fundamental mistakes. Someone should have been helped Wilder to straighten out his punches and throw them tighter. And teach him good technique and discipline with his punches and skill.
              If you were training Rocky Marciano would you even try to teach him to jab with Louis?

Most of yer post is beautiful, real boxing talk and I appreciate it, but I feel like you've come under the same spell as plenty of others. So focused on hit and don't be hit boxing you don't even recognize the other end of the spectrum as talent.

Wilder's never going to have the pedigree the others have. How would you use that? Is it easy to believe Joshua's overall experience affords him skills Wilder won't develope? How would you use that?

Jay is following a mix of Goldman-Marciano and Sadler-Foreman. It's working well.

Notice any similarities in Marciano's game and Wilder's? That's not a mistake, it's not on accident, and I think just like trying to make Rock Joe trying to make Wilder Joshua is a mistake. It may not be pretty, but until he starts giving up power positions by failing to posture he's doing exactly what he means to. Just like Rock was.

Comment

Joshua not going to hit back? lol I'm American blah blah blah but been watching since the 2012 Olympic run! He gets with every fight Wilder haven't shown much improvement still very Wild with no Technique give ME Joshua Easily I'm ALWAYS taking SKILLS>POWER/BOXER>BRAWLER!

Comment

Honestly, this is a 50/50 fight. Wilder is athletic enough to give Joshua problems. He could also put together better combinations than Klitschko did last night. On the flip side, Wilder hasn't been hit by someone with Joshua's power. He has a tendency to have defensive lapses. The other problem with Wilder, it's hard to gauge his progression because of his level of competition. The Stiverne seem like a long time ago. I'm that fight Wilder showed skills but people don't want to remember that fight for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                    ...he will lose to Deontay by KO.

Let me state right here that I think Joshua will, when all is said and done, be the best Heavy of this era.

But it was clear last night that he has a lot of work to do.

It is also clear to me that Wilder may never get any better skill-wise than he is right now.

But Deontay is hella athletic.

And one thing he seems to be able to do no matter what the level of opposition happens to be is deliver clean hard right hands.

I saw AJ get hit A LOT by Wlad's right hand.

Some of them extremely clean.

Some of them that hurt Anthony pretty badly.

And when it happened I couldn't help but thinking what it would be like if it was Deontay behind those right hands.

I don't think Anthony takes Wilder's shots nearly as well as he took Klitschko's last night.

And that equals a nap on the menu for AJ.

They MUST work on AJ's defense before a fight with the Tuscaloosa Terror.

Code:
                    Code:
                    I agree 100%. Wilder's speed and athleticism will give Joshua fits. And Wilder won't gas. I see Parker giving Wilder more problems than Joshua

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
                      It wasn't just his power.. Experience, ring IQ, skills and his jab is what almost won Wlad this fight.

Wilder has none of those. Power won't save you when everything else is lacking, not at this level.

Besides, I'm not sure Wilder hits harder than Wlad which some people keep saying like it's a forgone conclusion. It's not. He only fought one decentish guy in his career and couldn't stop him despite catching Stiverne clean many times. There are levels to this shyt.
                      I agree with that :ANYWORD:

Comment

Working...
                      X