Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua past a number of tests last night but where can he improve?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just everything really. His jab could be crisper. His right hand could be straighter. His head movement could be better. His ring IQ could be higher.

The thing is, without tests like he got last night, he wouldnt know these things.

Comment

Joshua is a 3 rnd on average fighter .....his stamina is fine that comes with experience . The fact he won with never going beyond 7 says it all . Getting hit by Klitchko surely would also drain you ,not sure anyone has taken HW punches before but eat a couple from even 250 Joe Shmoe and see if you think it doesnt effect stamina .

Where can he improve ? Well the fight itself has already made him a much more dangerous fighter ,he fought Wlads fight and still won . Had he had more experience he would have probably ended the fight 4 or 5 rnds .

I really dont think ppl get how good Wlad was last night , Fury wouldn't have a chance had Klitchko fought like that .

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        I think he wasn't respectful so much as super nervous with the reality he found himself in. I mean I'm positive he knew going in what this was all about, but I think when that bell rung for the 1st round he was a lil taken aback by the enormity of the moment. He seemed to have gotten over that by the start of the 3rd round iirc. And I think this is just something that's going to happen to anyone in such a big moment. The next time it'll be less & the time after that it'll be less even more so. You just have to go thru it.

As to the OP I think stamina is clearly something that needs work. But honestly idk how much you can improve stamina on such a big mfer. Personally I just think that'll be a disadvantage his whole career & have actually been saying that since before it was an issue cuz this body type just tends to run outta gas. Your body can't be this f#cking big & not have problems emptying your tank quicker than normal.

That said I think it'll still take a high level cat to take advantage of that. Cuz even while he took 2ish rounds of to get his 2nd wind Wladimir, who's old, but was the top guy for a decade, couldn't take full advantage of that to win the fight. So I highly doubt lesser guys can take advantage of Joshua needing a couple rounds to re-gain his wind will help lesser opponents defeat him. The younger, fresher, hard hitter cats might be able to capitalize on it enough to stop Joshua or get the decision doe & Joshua & his team need to work on making that fact less of a liability for them.
        yeah, Joshua was really ahead of himself after he knocked down Wlad in the 5th. Commentators talking about how immature/inexperienced he was in that moment.
        https://youtu.be/HS--MUSH9YA?t=1m36s

Comment

Originally posted by Hov View Post
          yeah, Joshua was really ahead of himself after he knocked down Wlad in the 5th. Commentators talking about how immature/inexperienced he was in that moment.
          https://youtu.be/HS--MUSH9YA?t=1m36s
          This is true but usually when he knocks an opponent down they stay down... Klit, isn't just any other opponent though!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            Just everything really. His jab could be crisper. His right hand could be straighter. His head movement could be better. His ring IQ could be higher.

The thing is, without tests like he got last night, he wouldnt know these things.
            I agree with everything really although the IQ will surely improve with time...

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              I really dont think ppl get how good Wlad was last night , Fury wouldn't have a chance had Klitchko fought like that .
              Come on man. Klitschko was Klitschko. And he was older Klitschko so the fight was more competitive. A x years younger Klitschko (3yrs, 5yrs, 5+yrs) wins this fight last night & he'd still lose to 2015 Fury cuz 2015 Fury just gots a higher boxing IQ than any version of Klitschko has had.

That said 2017 Fury probably loses to a 1993 version of Klitschko to go full fantasyland with my post with sci-fi bs.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                Stamina. Perhaps he has to lose some of his muscle mass for that. He had some moments in 5th round but after that, but next 4 rounds looked like he was trying to recover before getting a second breath
                I noticed the same thing. He doesn't have to carry that amount of muscle in order to fight. He looked tired in the mid rounds. When he got knocked down he took a long time to recover. Those are not good signs. I don't see him having a long career unless he addresses his stamina problem. Other aspects of his game were good. I thought he handled the pressure of the fight well considering he had only 18 fights.

Comment

His arms are too big, he's carrying too much extra weight and his body can't recover fast enough.

It took 3-4 rounds to recover and get his wind back. This is why I said I think Parker can best him, if Parker gets passed Joshua's first wave of offense, Parker will be much more aggressive than Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    Come on man. Klitschko was Klitschko. And he was older Klitschko so the fight was more competitive. A x years younger Klitschko (3yrs, 5yrs, 5+yrs) wins this fight last night & he'd still lose to 2015 Fury cuz 2015 Fury just gots a higher boxing IQ than any version of Klitschko has had.

That said 2017 Fury probably loses to a 1993 version of Klitschko to go full fantasyland with my post with sci-fi bs.
                    well you havent actually studied Wlad if you are claiming Klitchko was klitchko..even my bro who hasnt watched boxing in years saw that.

you are mistaking age in place of real life skill...we know it is bc its on video.

wlad of the joshua fight would have leveled fury.

Comment

Needs to use his jab more and slip shots Sometimes he gets way too stiff and upright, if he can use some tyson like headmovement and counter off that more he could be even more dangerous. Also shouldnt come in that heavy anymore.

Comment

Working...
                      X