Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua called out Fury & Briggs tonight. No Wilder doe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get the Briggs thing but obviously Fury makes sense. Having said that Fury's nowhere near ready and probably needs 1, maybe 2 tuneup fights... Also, letting this marinade for 12 months might not be a bad thing...

IMO it'd actually be better for Fury to have a go at Wilder for the WBC strap potentially setting a unification/lineal British HW bout next summer.

Comment

Who has Wilder beat that makes people think Joshua wont end him?

Comment

If Wilder lands the right hand Wladimir did then AJ goes right to sleep. The man has a right hand gifted.... From the devil lol.
        With that being said AJ is more technically sound and gifted with some power of his own. Wilder needs to get Parker so the fight is that much bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          If Wilder lands the right hand Wladimir did then AJ goes right to sleep. The man has a right hand gifted.... From the devil lol.
          With that being said AJ is more technically sound and gifted with some power of his own. Wilder needs to get Parker so the fight is that much bigger.
          Klitschko has far far more proven power than Wilder though.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
            People that have sparred both SAY Wilder hits harder (I wish I remember the YouTube video where a Eastern Euro fighter said so) The man's right hand is so powerful HIS OWN BODY CAN'T HANDLE IT. Think about that.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              People that have sparred both SAY Wilder hits harder (I wish I remember the YouTube video where a Eastern Euro fighter said so) The man's right hand is so powerful HIS OWN BODY CAN'T HANDLE IT. Think about that.
              I mean hand problems arent that uncommon. Im just saying until i see it in the ring vs a top opponent, im holding Wlads power in higher regard.

Ive read some great comments from a sparring partner in the 90's who says Wlad hits harder than Tyson and Lewis when he lands. He said he could generally take others power in sparring, but that Wlad literally just put his lights out several times. Obviously he's older now, but that shot was right on the button and he put his whole body behind it.

Comment

Holy hell the similarities of the pictures.

Comment

I mean hand problems arent that uncommon. Im just saying until i see it in the ring vs a top opponent, im holding Wlads power in higher regard.

Ive read some great comments from a sparring partner in the 90's who says Wlad hits harder than Tyson and Lewis when he lands. He said he could generally take others power in sparring, but that Wlad literally just put his lights out several times. Obviously he's older now, but that shot was right on the button and he put his whole body behind it.
                  Let me not sound like I'm downing Wlad's power. It is MORE THAN LEGIT. I'm just saying that I don't think I've seen a right hand like Wilders in my entire life. This man landed one punch on Gerald Washington for 5 rounds and the moment he did, the fight was over. I do agree Wladimir has done it against better competition though

Comment

Fury is in no shape or condition to be thinking about fighting atm. Also Briggs.....just stop...he hasn't been relevant for a long time. Personally I think Joshua beats Wilder and I like Wilder a lot. The thing is though Joshua knows his defence is shaky and Wilder hits like a mack truck. While I think Joshua wins it wouldn't be a stretch for Joshua to slip for a second and get knocked out cold. That's why I think he's not mentioning him yet. As for Fury I think Fury gives Joshua the work....back when he was a functional boxer. He knows at the moment though Fury is in no position to fight and that is basically a call out for the sake of a call out.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_head View Post
                      Joshua doesn't need to go to the states though. It's rumoured that this fight sold in excess of 200million PPV buys.

US is a big market, for sure. But it's not bigger than Russia, Ukraine and Germany, who all really get behind the Klitschkos. Hell, Vitali is so popular he became a politician.

Wilder just doesn't have that many fans. It's sad but it's true.

If Hearn doesn't want to risk Joshua in a fight with Wilder, he doesn't have to. Unless Wilder dramatically raises his profile, the reward won't be enough for Hearn to take it.

To be fair to Wilder, none of this is his fault, and by trying to fight Parker he is going after another belt which would significantly increase his stock.

With all of that, he still is not getting the money that he should be getting. The Wilder fight is inevitable.

Comment

Working...
                      X