No announcement yet.

USA haven't had a male Olympic Gold medalist in boxing since 2004

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    Grown ass men in their late 20s fighting kids 18-22 isn't something to be proud of lol

Our kids turn pro @ 18-22

90% of the time and these guys are raising families in Europe fighting youths kmsl

It isn't really translating in the pros besides a dead division like cruiserweight

Dudes are 28 making pro debuts...WTF
    American fighters are fighting bums until they reach their 20th or 30th fight. Soft touches.

Sure it is. 3 of the 10 ring magazine p4p list are eastern european descent and come from soviet bloc countries. And soon the whole p4p list will be full of eastern euros. Cry some more?

Comment

amatuers and pros arent the same bruh.....also we dont have a bunch of guys in their mid to late 20s and 30s fighting teenagers for medals in our country...in the usa, elite amatuers turn pro between 18-22 while other countries have guys defect or turn pro at 25-28...grown azz men lol

Cuba, Europe has a lot of grown azz men fighting kids 21 and younger bro
      Why are you talking so much bs?.
      Dusmatov 49kg (23)
      Zoirov 52kg (23)
      Ramirez 56kg (22)
      Concencaio 60kg (28)
      Gaibnazarov 64kg (24)
      Daniyar 69kg (25)
      Lopez 75kg (23)
      La Cruz 81kg (27)
      Tischenko 91kg (29)
      Yoka +91kg (23)
      Of all the olympic champions only 3 were more than 25.
      7 were younger than Rau Shee Warren, a three time olympian but i guess he wasn't a grown man fighting kids right?.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Because the program is a joke.

When you have someone like Raushee Warren WHO HAS NEVER MADE IT OUT THE FIRST ROUND EVER going every time, that's when you know the **** is a joke.
        What's wrong with the program only Because he lost in the olympics?.
        The program sucks and sure Warren is quality, but he lost those three times fair and square.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
          American fighters are fighting bums until they reach their 20th or 30th fight. Soft touches.

Sure it is. 3 of the 10 ring magazine p4p list are eastern european descent and come from soviet bloc countries. And soon the whole p4p list will be full of eastern euros. Cry some more?
          bwahahahahahahahahaa

GGG dont belong in the p4p...he hasnt even beat anyone near it

Kov and loma deserve it..look at their accomplishments and they actually won all their belts in the ring...unlike G string

G string has 30 fights vs no names aka bums genius lol

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            Why are you talking so much bs?.
            Dusmatov 49kg (23)
            Zoirov 52kg (23)
            Ramirez 56kg (22)
            Concencaio 60kg (28)
            Gaibnazarov 64kg (24)
            Daniyar 69kg (25)
            Lopez 75kg (23)
            La Cruz 81kg (27)
            Tischenko 91kg (29)
            Yoka +91kg (23)
            Of all the olympic champions only 3 were more than 25.
            7 were younger than Rau Shee Warren, a three time olympian but i guess he wasn't a grown man fighting kids right?.
            now lets see how long it takes for them to turn pro.....

you pulled one american out of your azz bwahahahahahaha....very few american fighters participate in multiple olympics like cubans and eastern euro

how old was GGG.....Loma.....Kov when they turned pro....look at how old guys like Beterbiev, Barrera
            Last edited by therealpugilist; 04-28-2017, 03:55 PM.

Comment

now lets see how long it takes for them to turn pro.....

you pulled one american out of your azz bwahahahahahaha....very few american fighters participate in multiple olympics like cubans and eastern euro

how old was GGG.....Loma.....Kov when they turned pro....look at how old guys like Beterbiev, Barrera
              You were the one mentioning how they beat "kids" when they are older than 25, the funny thing was that 7/10 of them were younger than that.
              So you are not replying to my arguments, you are bringing Lomachenko and Golovkin when i never mentioned them and i'm just waiting for you to explain me why your argument of "these old guys are the reason why USA doesn't wins medals" is still valid after i explain you that almost all the champions were younger than 25 and in their first games.
              Also the fact that a USA boxer was one of the few three time olympians in 2012 but i didn't saw you talking bs about Warren right?.
              I don't care about the nationality of the boxers, but you are talking bs and i want to see real arguments.

Comment

You were the one mentioning how they beat "kids" when they are older than 25, the funny thing was that 7/10 of them were younger than that.
                So you are not replying to my arguments, you are bringing Lomachenko and Golovkin when i never mentioned them and i'm just waiting for you to explain me why your argument of "these old guys are the reason why USA doesn't wins medals" is still valid after i explain you that almost all the champions were younger than 25 and in their first games.
                Also the fact that a USA boxer was one of the few three time olympians in 2012 but i didn't saw you talking bs about Warren right?.
                I don't care about the nationality of the boxers, but you are talking bs and i want to see real arguments.
                To be fair, that was the case in this Olympics but look at other Cuban greats like Teofilo Stevenson and Felix Savon etc. How many Olympics did they participate in?

Those guys literally were grown men fighting against teenagers or close to it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  To be fair, that was the case in this Olympics but look at other Cuban greats like Teofilo Stevenson and Felix Savon etc. How many Olympics did they participate in?

Those guys literally were grown men fighting against teenagers or close to it.
                  Yes, but That's not the point.
                  The thread is about USA not winning a gold medal since 2004, that hasn't nothing to do with the age of the other boxers, like i said, look at how young the fighters of this class were and already Yoka, Gaibnazarov, Concencaio and Daniyar are turning pro, That's 4/10 of the champions with chance of more turning pro.
                  USA boxing has been awful in comparison with the 80's for example and It hasn't nothing to do with the other countries.

Comment

Yes, but That's not the point.
                    The thread is about USA not winning a gold medal since 2004, that hasn't nothing to do with the age of the other boxers, like i said, look at how young the fighters of this class were and already Yoka, Gaibnazarov, Concencaio and Daniyar are turning pro, That's 4/10 of the champions with chance of more turning pro.
                    USA boxing has been awful in comparison with the 80's for example and It hasn't nothing to do with the other countries.
                    You would have to look at the ages of other boxers from 2004 on, wouldn't you?

Just because this particular class was young doesn't necessarily invalidate his argument.

Comment

I'll tell you why, guys don't hang around the AMs too long in the states they need to make a living.

Comment

Working...
                      X