Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook Plans To Chin-Check Spence: He Never Felt Power Like Mine!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
    Golovkin had bruises all over his face after that fight.
    And Brook had a broken face. I mean GGG was getting punched in the face by a professional boxer so I can understand some bruising, it's to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
      What's funny is people forget how the brook porter fight went down. It was a straight clinch fest that was very close. Brook didn't decisively prove anything in that fight except that he had an understanding of how to use his length, an advantage he won't hold this fight. His power didn't waiver porter and he never gained his respect as porter was attempting to get in his chest all night.

Would love to see how brook responds if he can't hurt Spence.
      He proved he was very physically strong at 147 and had solid power and he used that to keep Porter at bay and tamed. He's a pretty good puncher at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by DonutHunter View Post
        Spence gonna have the itus after he eats those chocolate brownies!
        I'm going for Spence, but this post made me laugh too damn hard lol.

Should be a slobberknocker while it lasts!

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
          What's funny is people forget how the brook porter fight went down. It was a straight clinch fest that was very close. Brook didn't decisively prove anything in that fight except that he had an understanding of how to use his length, an advantage he won't hold this fight. His power didn't waiver porter and he never gained his respect as porter was attempting to get in his chest all night.

Would love to see how brook responds if he can't hurt Spence.
          Porter ate a lot of one-two's on his way into brooks chest, all night to. He was even stunned once or twice in that fight due to his own eagerness/momentum being used against him combined with brooks respectable power.

Porter smothered his own work alot and when he did get inside and began to land to the body effectively brook INTELLIGENTLY wrapped him up and switched his head from side to side to avoid incidental headbutts.

Also, don't forget that porter began to tire in that fight and initiated his fair share of clinching in the second half of the fight. He and his genius of a father made no adjustments and came in with a flawed/poorly executed game plan. They underestimated brook and paid dearly for it. Who allows their fighter's opponent and his entire training team to watch what they are working on?

Spence may be taking brook lightly as well.

Nothing like a true 50/50 fight. Can't wait to see the outcome.

Comment

Go brook show him what the big boys are capable of.

Comment

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
              Porter ate a lot of one-two's on his way into brooks chest, all night to. He was even stunned once or twice in that fight due to his own eagerness/momentum being used against him combined with brooks respectable power.

Porter smothered his own work alot and when he did get inside and began to land to the body effectively brook INTELLIGENTLY wrapped him up and switched his head from side to side to avoid incidental headbutts.

Also, don't forget that porter began to tire in that fight and initiated his fair share of clinching in the second half of the fight. He and his genius of a father made no adjustments and came in with a flawed/poorly executed game plan. They underestimated brook and paid dearly for it. Who allows their fighter's opponent and his entire training team to watch what they are working on?

Spence may be taking brook lightly as well.

Nothing like a true 50/50 fight. Can't wait to see the outcome.
              Brook held early and often. He didn't outclass porter by any means though he did utilize his straights effectively, which Thurman didn't do. His inside game was definitely the lesser of he and porter that night. I also wouldn't say porter was stunned, but his momentum was changed by some well timed shots.

Brook is skilled for sure and I look forward to a good fight, but his porter win was hardly transcendent or elite status worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by hrt3333 View Post
                He proved he was very physically strong at 147 and had solid power and he used that to keep Porter at bay and tamed. He's a pretty good puncher at 147.
                Porter was hardly tamed. Brook just proved he could throw a 1-2 against shorter opponents and hold, a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by gbonafide View Post
                  GGG walked right through his power and didn't even bother with defense. Same with Shawn Porter. Brook is a really good fighter but it's not like he's Tito Trinidad or something when it comes to punching power. He KO % is nothing special.
                  That could just say more about GGG's chin than it does Brook's (lack of) power. The fact is, Brook barely was able to last six rounds and yet the number of punches he blasted Golovkin with left more marks on his face than what any Middleweight was ever able to give him.

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  And Brook had a broken face. I mean GGG was getting punched in the face by a professional boxer so I can understand some bruising, it's to be expected.

My point was to simply establish Brook has some power - He was able to leave more marks on GGG's face than any 'natural' Middleweight was. What does that tell you?

Comment

Originally posted by LockardTheGOAT View Post
                    Golovkin had bruises all over his face after that fight.
                    Bruises = power now? Some people bruise very easily without even feeling the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by MisanthropicNY View Post
                      Bruises = power now? Some people bruise very easily without even feeling the punch.
                      Then why was no one else able to bruise Golovkin? Brook's hardly the first to ever land headshots on him before.

Comment

Working...
                      X