Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wlad Will Stop Jousha On His Feet...and Make It Look Easy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you had posed this ahead of the bizarre Fury fight, I would have agreed. Now i'm not so sure. Wladimir looked completely 'absent' in the Fury fight, and, although Fury didn't land much, AJ's speed could prove lethal if we see a replication.

What is clear is that AJ will need to get the job done early. His stamina isn't great, and Wladimir is an expect at wearing down opponents for a late KO. Whats more, AJ looks to be open to hooks, which, again, is a Wladimir speciality.

If it goes beyond 5, I see Wladimir stopping AJ with a left hook or coasting to a UD.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
      My sig says otherwise

But in all honesty, i wasn't that sure Fury could pull it off but i could see how he could, i always knew he had the style for it.

In this fight i also see how Wlad beats AJ. I totally agree that AJ is made for Wlad but it's just hard to get away from the fact Wlad is an inactive 41 year old.

I'm still picking Wlad though.
      Yeah mate, there was a few who picked Fury, not many tho. Me, you, kafkod, LoadedWraps, can't remember anyone else.

Wlad is still super fit and in shape, Fury beat him due his style and being the superior boxer, not because Wlad was shot.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
        If you had posed this ahead of the bizarre Fury fight, I would have agreed. Now i'm not so sure. Wladimir looked completely 'absent' in the Fury fight, and, although Fury didn't land much, AJ's speed could prove lethal if we see a replication.

What is clear is that AJ will need to get the job done early. His stamina isn't great, and Wladimir is an expect at wearing down opponents for a late KO. Whats more, AJ looks to be open to hooks, which, again, is a Wladimir speciality.

If it goes beyond 5, I see Wladimir stopping AJ with a left hook or coasting to a UD.
        Joshua won't be moving around the ring like Fury. Wlad fights in a construct, and every time Fury started feinting or messing about, it totally threw Wlad off his game.

Unless Joshua displays footwork we haven't seen before, Wlad shouldn't have any issues finding him.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
          Yeah mate, there was a few who picked Fury, not many tho. Me, you, kafkod, LoadedWraps, can't remember anyone else.

Wlad is still super fit and in shape, Fury beat him due his style and being the superior boxer, not because Wlad was shot.
          I think Fury baffled Wlad, for sure, but also think it's rather unfair to discount the very public issues surrounding Wlad's personal life in the run-up to the fight.

From memory, the punch output and landing stats of both men (Wlad, the former; Fury, the latter) were awful.

Comment

Joshua won't be moving around the ring like Fury. Wlad fights in a construct, and every time Fury started feinting or messing about, it totally threw Wlad off his game.

Unless Joshua displays footwork we haven't seen before, Wlad shouldn't have any issues finding him.
            Absolutely, and it could be on one of the bullrushes that AJ is picked off by the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
              I think Fury baffled Wlad, for sure, but also think it's rather unfair to discount the very public issues surrounding Wlad's personal life in the run-up to the fight.

From memory, the punch output and landing stats of both men (Wlad, the former; Fury, the latter) were awful.
              Yeah it was, but it can happen when you get two very defensive boxers against each other, especially that size. I don't blame Fury for not engaging in a shoot out.

If it wasn't for Wlad's age and inactivity, i'd call this a mismatch.

Comment

This will be either Wlad's best performance to date or the worst. We'll see.

Comment

As the only person on NSB who correctly predicted that Fury would take Wlad to school, hear this.

Wlad stops Joshua. Get your house on it. Styles make fights, and Joshua is made for Wlad
                  ... I'm afraid so...............

Comment

That's it. People are reading too much into the Fury fight i think. I know Wlad is past prime but Fury's style would have been a bad style for Wlad at any point in his career, win or lose.

Has Joshua really got attributes to his game that Wlad hasn't seen and dealt with before? he's just a fairly orthdox fighter with power and youth on his side and that's about it, that's not to say he isn't good, he's obviously one of the better HW's out there. It's not like preparing for Fury who you can't really prepare for. How do you prepare for a 6'9 guy who is so awkward and has good ring IQ? you really can't, but a guy like Joshua would have been bread and butter for Wlad a few years ago and might still be.

Comment

Its so obvious Wlad will win, its hilarious to see 90% of this forum think Joshua will beat him. HILARIOUS

Comment

Working...
                      X