No announcement yet.

The Errol Spence hype is getting worse than Matthysse's hype

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
    Every video I go you see guys proclaiming him as this unbeatable monster, everyone's ducking him apparently, the guy who's best win is Algeria.

It's getting ridiculous now, these guys think it's a foregone conclusion that he whips Brook, Thurman and every other top welterweight. I was watching a video where the guy from ThaBoxingVoice (can't remember his name, the fat dude Nes I think) was like "If.... sorry WHEN you beat Thurman do you move up to 154?"

I mean slow it down guys! He hasn't even been chin checked yet by a top puncher. Remember what happened last time a guy who spanked goodish opponents and then faced his first test?
    you must be new to boxing

ring magazine put Lucas on the cover instead of the friggin champion....danny garcia

lucas hype on this site rivaled manny pacquaio

spence gets no where near that level of hype

Comment

Lucas was fighting guys his size or bigger who were actually ranked, and he was demolishing them.

Spence is beating up on smaller dudes, none of which are ranked.

Comment

No it isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          That's the wonderful thing about this sport, no matter how much you Hype someone THEY WILL HAVE TO PROVE IT IN THE RING. He will get his chance in 5 weeks.
          ^This Perfect answer

Comment

It's not even close. Some people on here said Garcia was scared to death of Matthysse. If you didn't agree Matthysse was literally going to kill Garcia you felt the wrath of his fans. Spence is getting some recognition for his skills but not on the level of Matthysse, who isn't quite as skilled in my opinion.

Comment

People acting like Spence will beat Brook is a foregone conclusion. Claiming he will rock Brook and knock him out.

My opinion? Spence is indeed good, but it doesn't matter how he does in the fight because the judges will score heavily favoribly towards Brook.

Comment

I was one of the pioneers of the Matthysse hype and this is 100% false.

Spence fans got a lot of work to do if they wanna get on my level.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                  I was one of the pioneers of the Matthysse hype and this is 100% false.

Spence fans got a lot of work to do if they wanna get on my level.
                  if theres anyone you need to trust on this.. its this guy

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                    yeah, people never learn. i guess you are talking about broner, but they also did this with porter before he fought brook. J-rock was heavily hyped for a bit too and we saw what happened when he stepped things up. They hype people up and then when thisfighter loses, they throw him on the trashheap and a new prospect comes along whos obviously the real deal and better than the previous guy. rinse and repeat. spence could be great but you cant proclaim that after beating algieri and bundu thats proven quality. theres many many many examples of fighters looking great against B level fighters then getting heavily exposed at the top level.
                    Yes, but this is something you never ever do because, as we all know, you're not the ABSOLUTE WORST HYPOCRITE ON THIS SITE. Amirite!?

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      yeah, people never learn. i guess you are talking about broner, but they also did this with porter before he fought brook. J-rock was heavily hyped for a bit too and we saw what happened when he stepped things up. They hype people up and then when thisfighter loses, they throw him on the trashheap and a new prospect comes along whos obviously the real deal and better than the previous guy. rinse and repeat. spence could be great but you cant proclaim that after beating algieri and bundu thats proven quality. theres many many many examples of fighters looking great against B level fighters then getting heavily exposed at the top level.
                      You mean sort of like GGG? The one and only time he finally stepped up, he got gifted a decision.
                      Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Yes, but this is something you never ever do because, as we all know, you're not the ABSOLUTE WORST HYPOCRITE ON THIS SITE. Amirite!?
                      Nah he just has many changes of heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X