Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB Pick 'em #13 - Saul "Canelo" Álvarez vs Julio César Chávez Jr, May 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was debating whether to put a bet on KO win for Chavez just because of the odds but then i just think about how inferior he is to Canelo when it comes to boxing.

I'm just not sure he's even good enough to make size difference count for anything. Size can't be ignored but there's a point where levels far outweigh the size difference but something inside me is telling me Chavez could cause an upset but i don't even have anything to base that on, probably just because i'm hoping for an entertaining contest.

I think it would need to be the best Chavez ever x2, completely motivated and just dwarfing Canelo in the ring for him to stand any chance of winning it. But how could he not be 100% motivated for this?

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      You can always let me know if you want to change picks

But on the other hand... the latest pics of Chavez are not comforting for his chances.
      Bob could you enlighten me.....when a poster just puts his innitails down and then a x2 how can you tell which fighter he is picking...i am baffled lol

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
        Bob could you enlighten me.....when a poster just puts his innitails down and then a x2 how can you tell which fighter he is picking...i am baffled lol
        I used to require the posts to include all details of the pick, but I have since moved on to getting that information from the poll. You can see who everyone votes for in the poll.

Comment

Was thinking of changing my pick to Canelo by KO 9-12, but fuck it, i'm gonna' stick with Canelo with a wide points win.

Comment

Julio Caesar Chavez Jr

Defense-6
            Power-7
            Chin-9
            Stamina-8
            Bark/Machismo-20
            Bite-8

Saul "Canelo" Alvare

Defense-8
            Power-10
            Chin-10
            Stamina-9
            Bark/Machismo-10
            Bite-11

Prediction-just get a feeling that Jr is going to do something really foolish, like show Canelo up with the spaghetti legs taunt-and take a vicious beating as a result . Jr finds a dignified way out by quitting on his stool, somewhere before the championship rounds. Jr loses by RTD, round 8 or 9.

Comment

looking likea real killer at the weigh in! he ready to go!

Comment

I just got on to the weigh-in live stream. I think they haven't been weighed yet is that true?

http://www.boxingscene.com/live-stre...-weigh--116313

Comment

Alvarez could and probably should have a fairly comfortable night if he boxes and controls the pace.

I've got a soft spot for Chavez Jnr though. He's like an oversized kid, a shambles with little disciple, but when it comes down to it he's a fighting man.

If Alvarez is not careful I can see Chavez Jnr wearing him down and causing all sorts of problems in the home stretch - a bit like the Martinez fight.

Looking forward to the fight and may the best man win.

Comment

164.0lbs for Chavez Jr

EDIT: ...and 164.0 lbs for Canelo

Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-05-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Eff Pandas, 1x

Comment

Working...
                      X