No announcement yet.

And that's who's Floyds 49th fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    That's all it is, is names. Dig below the surface. When the highest skilled, prime guy is Canelo, eh.
    Who has faced better opposition and won all of their fights? Your excuse making and discrediting is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Manny had 17 more fights than Floyd. Those fights age a fighter a lot quicker than a well preserved safety-first fighter's two year age difference.
      So the answer is? Guys give Mayweather a lot of credit for being this diabolical​, strategic mastermind lol. The fight didn't happen earlier for various reasons with enough blame for both sides. However​, I have a feeling that if the fight achieved the desired outcome some hoped for, the talk of past prime and other nonsense wouldn't be accepted from the other side.

It's very transparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
        Who has faced better opposition and won all of their fights? Your excuse making and discrediting is pathetic.
        Give me a break.
        What's pathetic is you cats narrow minded biased viewpoint.
        Half of those guys were come forward plodders, the other half when they really posed a threat is not when Floyd danced with them.
        No stylistic nightmares to speak of.
        At least guys like Jones, Hopkins, and Shane fought guys who posed a style nightmare in Tarver, Dawson, and Forrest respectively, in their primes. I can roll with that.
        The guy has a point. There were a couple of guys that Floyd could have fought in a final fight that would have silenced some of the critics.

Comment

Give me a break.
          What's pathetic is you cats narrow minded biased viewpoint.
          Half of those guys were come forward plodders, the other half when they really posed a threat is not when Floyd danced with them.
          No stylistic nightmares to speak of.
          At least guys like Jones, Hopkins, and Shane fought guys who posed a style nightmare in Tarver, Dawson, and Forrest respectively, in their primes. I can roll with that.
          The guy has a point. There were a couple of guys that Floyd could have fought in a final fight that would have silenced some of the critics.
          Gtfoh....the only reason you're saying that is because they copped L's. Nothing you say is credible. You've been exposed plenty of times. To say that none of the fighters he face posed a threat shows your lack of boxing knowledge. The style that caused floyd the most problems is the style he faced the most! All of those fighters since hatton had or held titles at the time they faced floyd. You still haven't answered the question....who has faced better oppostion? You say they were names or not good at the time but all of them where either top contenders, world champions, or on the p4p list when he fought them.

Comment

Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
            So the answer is? Guys give Mayweather a lot of credit for being this diabolical​, strategic mastermind lol. The fight didn't happen earlier for various reasons with enough blame for both sides. However​, I have a feeling that if the fight achieved the desired outcome some hoped for, the talk of past prime and other nonsense wouldn't be accepted from the other side.

It's very transparent.
            Honestly there is no answer. Floyd fans will hold their ground as will Pac fans. We can all go round and round on this and never reach a consensus or agreement. It's Coke vs. Pepsi and all very subjective at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
              Gtfoh....the only reason you're saying that is because they copped L's. Nothing you say is credible. You've been exposed plenty of times. To say that none of the fighters he face posed a threat shows your lack of boxing knowledge. The style that caused floyd the most problems is the style he faced the most! All of those fighters since hatton had or held titles at the time they faced floyd. You still haven't answered the question....who has faced better oppostion? You say they were names or not good at the time but all of them where either top contenders, world champions, or on the p4p list when he fought them.
              Who on that list posed a real threat to beat Floyd at the time that he fought them. None of em.
              Gtfoh if you thought Marquez, Maidana, Guerrero, and Ortiz posed such a great threat to Floyd. Floyd outclasses these guys in his sleep. You trying to make it seem like because these guys had belts, they were on the level of a Duran or somebody like Chavez Sr and the they are just not.
              Cotto, Oldsley, and Pac were shopworn. Nuff said.
              I acknowledged Alvarez as a good win, and if Alvarez proves he has the goods, it ups him.
              I already said guys like Hopkins, Jones and Mosley fought higher quality opposition just based on them getting in there with guys who posed the biggest style threat and named the guys that were bad style matchups to boot. Floyd absolutely not. Just the fact that he chose Berto over Khan and absolutely ignored a young hungry lion in Thurman, who was also his mandatory for years and been calling him out, is a pretty good chess player, and has some real work with his hand and foot game, is all the proof ya need. Only time Floyd mentioned Thurman, is when he was trying to put him off on a Spence who hadn't fought nobody. What more you guys need. Lol
              Last edited by djtmal; 04-24-2017, 10:21 PM.

Comment

That's all it is, is names. Dig below the surface. When the highest skilled, prime guy is Canelo, eh.
                al were currents champs except for Berto and Guerrero and Manny,Jmm,Mosley,Guerrero,Canelo were all top 10 p4p...now name a current fighter who is doing more

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                  al were currents champs except for Berto and Guerrero and Manny,Jmm,Mosley,Guerrero,Canelo were all top 10 p4p...now name a current fighter who is doing more
                  You can take Berto, Ghost, Ortiz, Maidana 2x and flush em with the paper that's wrapped around their waists. They were c-level, paper champs.

Comment

Who on that list posed a real threat to beat Floyd at the time that he fought them. None of em.
                    Gtfoh if you thought Marquez, Maidana, Guerrero, and Ortiz posed such a great threat to Floyd. Floyd outclasses these guys in his sleep. You trying to make it seem like because these guys had belts, they were on the level of a Duran or somebody like Chavez Sr and the they are just not.
                    Cotto, Oldsley, and Pac were shopworn. Nuff said.
                    I acknowledged Alvarez as a good win, and if Alvarez proves he has the goods, it ups him.
                    I already said guys like Hopkins, Jones and Mosley fought higher quality opposition just based on them getting in there with guys who posed the biggest style threat and named the guys that were bad style matchups to boot. Floyd absolutely not. Just the fact that he chose Berto over Khan and absolutely ignored a young hungry lion in Thurman, who was also his mandatory for years and been calling him out, is a pretty good chess player, and has some real work with his hand and foot game, is all the proof ya need. Only time Floyd mentioned Thurman, is when he was trying to put him off on a Spence who hadn't fought nobody. What more you guys need. Lol
                    thurman? Lmao....who has thurman beaten? how the **** is canelo not proven but thurman who hasnt done **** when you compare the two is? If floyd would've faced Thurman you'd singing the same tune as you are with canelo. "Oh he green doe". Sit yo transparent ass down somewhere...you have then nerve to bring up khan? Glass chin khan? Gtfoh....maidana, ortiz and guerrero were threats at the time he fought them. I remember when the floyd haters and pacf@g were hyping up a ortiz vs pacman showdown right after ortiz beat berto. Jmm was a statement fight to pacquiao and tune up from a 2 year layoff. Mosley, jones and hopkins lost! point blank period.... and all will be ranked lower than floyd on any objective atg list. I asked you who has fought better opposition and won all their fights....you still haven't answered.

Comment

You can take Berto, Ghost, Ortiz, Maidana 2x and flush em with the paper that's wrapped around their waists. They were c-level, paper champs.
                      So who are these great champs these current fighters are facing??

Comment

Working...
                      X