No announcement yet.

Im sorry but of Crawford goes to 147 he needs to stay away from Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    Porter arguably beat Thurman, and that was a really tough fight for Thurman even if you think he won (which I do). Brook didn't exactly have an easy time either, though he won more comfortably. He had to do so through clinching a lot.

Crawford is really, really good, one of the 5-6 best fighters on the planet right now, Porter would be rough for him. It's not a gimme, I don't think. Porter is rough for anyone at 147, and proved so against the two best current fighters in the division.
    Although Brook did do some clinching, and guys like daggum were very critical of it, it was something he had to do. Because if you notice Berto, he just let himself get bullied inside and get smothered. Brook found a way to stop that by hitting Porter with short punches and clinching and basically eliminating his special move. To beat Porter you have to do what Brook did or give yourself space pretty much like a matador. Berto had the right idea in rounds 6 and 7 but didn't sustain the style, when he decided to stay back and counter. Couple that with the brutal headbutting of Porter, and that last one that pretty much hurt Berto just like a punch. IMO it would've been okay for Berto to stand up for himself since the ref wasn't doing it, and low blow Porter, elbow him. Fight fouling with fouling. He pretty much got Lomachenko'ed (Salido) but less competitive, Lomachenko may have won that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Yeah. What got me was the Crawford ducking Diaz accusations. Anything Diaz can do Crawford can do better and with pop behind it.

With Porter, you'd think the Diaz, Brook, and Thurman fights never happened. Crawford hasn't come close to losing to anyone in Julio Diaz level. The some posters are saying Porter is a different caliber fighter, but Crawford is the one who's in everyone's top 5 P4P while it's unlikely Porter will ever crack the top 10. It's pretty amusing tbh.
      Porter is better than every fighter Crawford has fought.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        He comes forward and makes for fights. I realize that is not popular with some posters on here and you can call his style ugly all you want but he made tonight's fight a memorable fight- highlight worthy. He's not Henry Armstrong but he brings the fight. He is what boxing needs. I only wish the fight had been on PBC.
        bingo. porter is trying to do damage sure he may smother his own work and get tied up with his opponent a lot but he's aggressively looking for the ko. he is not a spoiler. its funny that the people calling him ugly to watch are big fans of ward who clinches and head butts more than anybody. these clowns are hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by Tails View Post
          It would be a very tough match up based on Porter's style and determination/physical strength. But Crawford is quite a bit taller than Thurman so he has the height to fight Porter from a comfortable range if he stays moving which he seems capable of doing. The main thing would be how much of physical strength difference there is between them. Other than that, I think Crawford is big enough and a sharp enough puncher to keep Porter off of him at times. I probably give at least a 50-50 chance at this moment without having seen him at 147.
          Physical strength is a key here, as you yourself mentioned. For instance Brook was not smaller than GGG, if you look at dimensions and weight. But the disparity in physical strength was apparent.
          What if Crawford hits Porter with his best sharp counter and nothing happens, Shawn will keep coming?

Comment

Originally posted by NO/BS2468 View Post
            Kell Brook out-boxed him, Keith-Thurman out boxed him, Bud would out box him easy.
            Those two are natural welters. And they did not have easy time with Porter.

Comment

that' the beauty of styles....swarmers which i consider porter to be, can make even the most technical fighters work extremely hard for the victory..ali had frazier, floyd had castillo and maidana, ward had bika....also the reason why i think sweetpea is the most versatile fighter ever fighting/beating mcgirt and chavez at their own game and shining at the same time minus the robbery of course in the chavez fight....

Comment

Crawford would really take advantage of Porter's recklessness, he sets his feet a lot quicker than Brook so he'll counter Porter more consistently than Brook. Crawford is also considerably quicker on his feet than Brook.
                Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 04-23-2017, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                  bingo. porter is trying to do damage sure he may smother his own work and get tied up with his opponent a lot but he's aggressively looking for the ko. he is not a spoiler. its funny that the people calling him ugly to watch are big fans of ward who clinches and head butts more than anybody. these clowns are hypocrites.
                  Right? Ward gives us a clinch fest that could put a meth head to sleep and he's highly skilled and pound for pound. Porter gives us an exciting beat down and his style is garbage. Some fans are just not right in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    Although Brook did do some clinching, and guys like daggum were very critical of it, it was something he had to do. Because if you notice Berto, he just let himself get bullied inside and get smothered. Brook found a way to stop that by hitting Porter with short punches and clinching and basically eliminating his special move. To beat Porter you have to do what Brook did or give yourself space pretty much like a matador. Berto had the right idea in rounds 6 and 7 but didn't sustain the style, when he decided to stay back and counter. Couple that with the brutal headbutting of Porter, and that last one that pretty much hurt Berto just like a punch. IMO it would've been okay for Berto to stand up for himself since the ref wasn't doing it, and low blow Porter, elbow him. Fight fouling with fouling. He pretty much got Lomachenko'ed (Salido) but less competitive, Lomachenko may have won that fight.
                    I'm definitely not criticizing Brook for clinching. Porter's style necessitated Brook to control him up close. I'm just saying that's the one guy to clearly beat Porter, and he had the size and strength to clinch. Thurman isn't much of a clincher and as such he had lots of trouble handling Porter.

Maybe Crawford moves well enough so he doesn't need to clinch, or maybe he can handle clinching Porter as well. It's a legit question calling the expected outcome into question, though. No doubt Crawford could and would counter Porter hard. What happens when Porter is still on his ass, though? If Porter could walk through some of the hellacious shots Thurman hit him with, he could probably do the same to Crawford. Then it's a matter of whether Crawford can keep moving or tie Porter up.
                    Last edited by bojangles1987; 04-24-2017, 05:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sheldon312 View Post
                      I think he would put Crawford in a body bag. Who else agrees?
                      Are ****ing serious? Bud has skills Porter is nothing but a brawler . Porter is a backstreet brawler nothing more nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                      X