Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do posters continue this myth Castillo was robbed with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do posters continue this myth Castillo was robbed with Mayweather?

full fight.SCORE IT ROUND BY ROUND PLEASE.....DO NOT POST YOUR OPINION IF YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SCORE THE FIGHT

ROUND 1-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND2-MAYWEATHER -10-9
    ROUND 3-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 4-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 5-MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 6 CASTILLO-10-9
    ROUND 7 CASTILLO 10-9
    ROUND 8 MAYWEATHER-10-8
    ROUND 9 MAYWEATHER-10-9
    ROUND 10 9-9
    ROUND 11-CASTILLO 10-9
    ROUND 12 CASTILLO 10-9

MY FINAL SCORE 115-111 MAYWEATHER

Close fight. Not a robbery if it went either way.

Comment

Castillo won.

Comment

I had Floyd losing by a point but it doesn't matter he was injured and he schooled Castillo a few months later when he was 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
          I had Floyd losing by a point but it doesn't matter he was injured and he schooled Castillo a few months later when he was 100%.
          This is also a myth. The second fight was also close, just easier to score. It was 8-4 at best for Floyd, that is not a schooling, and I hate it when people say it was. In fact if you observe both fights closely, Castillo is the one fighter that Floyd actually never figured out, in the second fight he just moved more and that allowed him to eek out a bit more breathing room.

He never figured out Castillo's rhythm, and was not able to consistently time him like he eventually does with other fighters. He wasn't able to predict what shots Castillo was going to throw and this meant that he couldn't stay in the pocket like he can with other fighters, that is why he reverted to his legs in the 2nd fight, note that early on Floyd was still getting hit with the same stuff as in the first fight.

What I will say about Mayweather is that he had great legs and was able to fight on the move for 12 rounds if required, which is very difficult and just another thing to add to his incredible arsenal.

But there was something about the way Castillo moved, brought pressure, and a lack of tell on his punches which Floyd could not figure out or get comfortable with.

Comment

In terms of the first fight, I generally sit around a draw, but a narrow win either side is acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              Castillo won.

Agree totally

Comment

Why do posters still talk about this old ass fight? Plus Floyd's been retired for 19 months. Are there no new topics you guys like discussing?

Comment

1st Castillo and 1st Maidana fights have been Floyd's closest. I don't think either one was a robbery, but both could have gone the other way.
                  Last edited by Zaryu; 04-22-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Close fight......

Comment

Working...
                    X