Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: GGG Not a Bogeyman, Some of His Fans Booed Decision!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jacobs: GGG Not a Bogeyman, Some of His Fans Booed Decision!

After twelve tough rounds of combat, Daniel Jacobs (32-2, 29 KOs) doesn't feel Gennady "GGG" Golovkin (37-0, 33 KOs) was the "bogeyman" that everyone said he was in the middleweight division. Last month at New York's Madison Square Garden, Golovkin won a close twelve round unanimous decision over Jacobs, with scores of 114-113, 115-112, 115-112.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I know this is probably part of the same interview that they just posted an article on a little bit ago but........

Alright Jacobs, just shut up and get back in the ring and fight someone.

Move on, Lol

Comment

Jacobs vs Lemieux on the GGG-Canelo undercard in September, split site so they can also pull in a full gate, winner gets GGG-Canelo winner in January.

Also Quillin fights Charlo before the end of the year, winner gets the winner next May. Khurtside can get in the mix too with another impressive performance.

Comment

I think Jacobs-Charlo and Jacobs-Quillin II are fights I want to see too. We waited for Jacobs-Quillin for like two years, that was supposed to be one of PBC's signature fights, but as is typical with marinating fights, you often find out it was stupid to wait years for something that only lasts between 1 second and 36 minutes. That's why from an entertainment perspective -- if anyone actually cares about that anymore -- you are much better off having them fight each four times in two years, once every six months, and you might get two good fights out of the four, than you are waiting two years for one fight that underwhelms.

Anyway, Quillin got caught cold, but I'd still like to see that fight and what would happen if he doesn't get caught cold. Also, Jacobs-Charlo is an even better fight, probably what we expected to get with Jacobs-Quillin, and it will be much more interesting now that Jacobs has fought GGG because it will allow us to measure Charlo against both Jacobs and GGG in a way, as well as see how much of GGG's struggles against Jacobs were him declining, and how much of it was this new and improved Jacobs. How big is Jacobs REALLY? Seeing him fight Charlo, another big middleweight, could give us a better indication where everyone stands in that division.

But really, Quillin, Jacobs, Lemieux, and Charlo, those guys should all fight. That's a foursome of entertaining power punchers who would make a great little tournament. Who was it that said 160 was a dead division? If it wasn't for GGG dominating all these guys, we'd be saying how it's got more killas than any division in boxing. Canelo and GGG too. That's six legit, athletic power punchers at the top of one single division, how often do you see that?

But yeah, those guys should fight if they want to separate themselves from the pack. Those are all great fights no matter how you match those four guys.

Comment

what a sore loser, take your L like a man. I know GGG would.

Comment

Originally posted by The Time View Post
            I know this is probably part of the same interview that they just posted an article on a little bit ago but........

Alright Jacobs, just shut up and get back in the ring and fight someone.

Move on, Lol
            Nope. One was with CBS Sports and this one is from Sports Illustrated. Jacobs must have been making the rounds this week, not sure why though.

Comment

Time to move on Jacobs..get a fight lined up and kick someones ass

Comment

You put up a great fight and did yourself proud. Now move the **** on and stop tarnishing yourself by sounding like a sore loser. Line up a fight kick the guy's ass and then hunt for a ggg rematch.

Comment

Try not being 20 lbs heavier then him on fight night.

Comment

Jocobs is becoming such a silly sore loser. He didn't get KTFO'ed , so in his mind he thinks it was a win. LOL Now he's crying about this thing to stay relevant to the media, instead of chasing fights with Jermall, Lemieux, CEJ or BJS.

Comment

Working...
                    X