Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name 6 fighters that are active today who could go down as all time greats and why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    golovkin, lomachenko, usyk, beterbiev, kovalev, tyson fury
    Please stop this madness. You're acting like the reverse of that ******ed j razor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
      Please stop this madness. You're acting like the reverse of that ******ed j razor guy.
      they can all achieve greatness, the talent is there.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
        I haven't anointed Loma just yet. He has a way to go. He needs to get some big wins over Linares and/or Mikey, and do some unification. However, it will be difficult (it already is) for him to get these title fights since champions in two divisions have already been ducking him.

I'm not so impressed with where Froch, Kessler and Dawson were ranked because they were in weak divisions and their skills are limited. Froch being the best of the bunch, but it was a controversial decision.
        Wait, how was Ward's win over Froch a controversial decision? Did I miss something, cause i've never run into anyone who has ever said that?

Comment

Wladimir Klitschko is for sure. If Joshua crushes him inside of a minute, he still goes down as an ATG. He stayed on top too long and made too many defenses not to be. He's set.

I can't swear to anybody else except for Pacquiao of course. There are some possibilities but they all need to do more IMO. ATG shouldn't be easy to achieve in any way. But we'll see what happens.

Comment

they can all achieve greatness, the talent is there.
            They can but they aren't there yet. Well some of them aren't. Loma and Golovkin are basically at the door while the others need some time.

Comment

Ward, obviously. A clear win in a Kovalev rematch arguably gets him to ATG status.

Loma, again obviously. The potential is outstanding and he's off to a terrific start.

If Joshua lives up to the hype, he can dominate a weak division and end up a heavyweight ATG, at least.

If Kovalev gets a win over Ward this time and beats some of the potential names at LHW, he can be an ATG in that division.

I'm not enough an expert on Gonzalez to say for sure about him.

Honestly, I don't know other than that. Those are the only names that jump out at me as having a clear chance, and other than Ward none of them are close.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Who did Kessler and Abraham beat that were so great? Froch was a legit SMW, but again, one can make an argument that he got robbed versus Ward. Ward was fortunate he never had to fight Dirrell and quite honestly he could have made the move to 175 much sooner when it was a lot deeper with talent.
                WTF, no. No one can make any argument based on reality that Froch was robbed vs. Ward. Not even close. Dude lost and lost very clearly.

And Ward moved up to fight the best LHW since Hopkins beat Tarver. So no, he could not have moved up sooner and fought anyone better.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  WTF, no. No one can make any argument based on reality that Froch was robbed vs. Ward. Not even close. Dude lost and lost very clearly.

And Ward moved up to fight the best LHW since Hopkins beat Tarver. So no, he could not have moved up sooner and fought anyone better.
                  froh wasnt robbed but the fight was a lot closer than people on here make out. the judges were correct with scorecards. i had ward 115-113.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Loma
                    One of the greatest ams with great resume for a guy with so few fights

Ward one of the only in history to win multiple titles @ 168,175 arguable deepest tool box, highest ring IQ since Hopkins and money era

Kovalev most dominant light heavy champ since Roy

Chocolatito 4 weight champ long undefeated streak, ran through 105-112 like no one in history

Bud Crawford 2 time lineal champ one of the most versatile in the game

Mikey Garcia consummate boxer puncher, good at everything, great at nothing with one punch power

All of them have have unified and/or moved up to win titles in more than one division

All have solid resumes

All have top notch skills

All are arguably top ten P4P

All are in or near their prime with years left in the game
                    Good list, can't really argue with that

Comment

froh wasnt robbed but the fight was a lot closer than people on here make out. the judges were correct with scorecards. i had ward 115-113.
                      Did you even watch the fight? Remember you're the guy who hates Ward so bad that you posted that he was a wife beater with no proof whatsoever. So if you had it 115-113 the correct scoring should read 118-112. Again due to your inability to view anything even remotely related to Andre Ward with even a sliver of objectivity, your OPINION means less than nothing.

Comment

Working...
                      X