Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you have never even faced another p4p top 10 fighter how can you be p4p#1?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    The problem with this is not all weight classes are equal in skill, resume etc. so to make sure its not really the poor opposition maybe you should jump up and dominate there.
    Maybe they ain't but there is also ain't any real way of comparing 'em that doesn't degenerate into the same morass of subjectivity and exposure bias that P4P does. In short it's all a load of tortoise turds. People just need to accept that folk are gonna have very different ideas about P4P - the best way of doing it is taking a ballot of opinions to build up as broad a consensus as possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
      Corrales was top 5 P4P when Mayweather beat him.
      I threw a line in trying to catch a Larryxxx but i hooked a Robbie Barrett instead.

Comment

It's easily possible to beat enough non-p4p fighters in impressive enough fashion to be considered #1. Gonzalez did it, and it was well-deserved.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
          Pretty simple question
          .If you clean out your division you should be very high but you have to Beat elite fighters or P4p level guys to be numero uno

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
            Floyd never beat a p4p fighter to be on top of the list.
            Guys just have to find a way to mention this guy bwahahaha

Corrales was ranked higher than Floyd p4p by ring magazine and was the betting favorite

Hatton was lineal champ @ 140 and former WBA ww titlist before facing Floyd.....also in everyone's top ten P4p

Although smaller, JMM was top 3 p4p at the time they fought

Manny was in the top ten p4p when they fought....so was Mosley until they fought

Come on bro....Floyd proved himself and his resume embarrasses every active guy today, not named Manny

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Pretty simple question
              If you don't factor resume into your p4p list and go totally by "eye test", "ko rate" and other variables then you could easily have a boxer #1 that hasn't defeated another top 10 p4p boxer.

Now would that ranking be credible when put against a ranking where the #1 guy has defeated say 3 or 4 men who were ranked in the top 10 when when they fought?

I say no.

Comment

I couldn't understand why PAC was ranked lower than Floyd after beating morazles and Barrera and jmm?
                I'm sure Floyd's eye test was prettpy good. But so was PAC. Against better fighters

Comment

Oh look who it is menstruating over opinion again.

Comment

Dumb thread.....you know it is possible to not have anyone even close to your weight class ranked top 10 right?

and to your point, Lomachenko if he was the same size as Ward or vice versa would be the better fighter skills wise and that's why people rank him number 1. He is a better fighter overall based on the eye test and nothing more.

Comment

Adrien Broner was ranked like #5 P4P, that's all you ever need to know about how credible that list is.

Comment

Working...
                      X