No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sullivan Barrera Drops, Stops PPV Parker in Five Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
    The only time I've heard of this Barrera is when Ward fought him. Everyone insisted he was a no-talent, bottom-of-the-barrel, easy sure-fire victory for Ward. Apparently, he isn't a total bum. In fact, it appears while not elite, that he is a top contender. Unless he fights Ward again or Stevenson, then he will be a complete bum and a total joke, until after the fight.

Apparently this is all HBO will pay for now, they won't pay for two top fighters to face each other. They can afford two decent contenders or one top, elite fighter against a bum. They sure have fallen a long, long ways from there boxing dominance in the 90's. It seems like they just gave up when Floyd left.
    now sad ward fans have to pretend barrera is some top guy just because ward struggled with him?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      now sad ward fans have to pretend barrera is some top guy just because ward struggled with him?
      Since you obviously didn't see it, just google Ward Barrera. "Ward dominates Barrera" is what you will find. Literally, that's the top entry. Second, everyone apparently wants him to fight Joe Smith, a top contender. TRBR has him ranked #5 at lhw, behind only Ward, Kov., Stevenson, Beterbiev, and Smith. So yes that would make him a top contender. Unlike Muhammed something, something that no one has ever heard of, isn't ranked at all, and still gave Kovalev everything he could handle.

I'll give you some free advice, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Barrera appears to be thought of as a top contender, and is also said by all who saw it to have dominated Barrera, unlike Kov's last fight.

Is anybody in there?

Comment

Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
        LOL, I guess I wasn't clear. I dont really follow the NBA. Of course NBA on TV LOL! I was referring to The Boxing.
        What I meant was, that I dont get HBO Latino, so I was Saying I would have Watched Boxing if I could, but our cable company doesnt carry that (even though we do have regular HBO). Don't really follow team sports so NBAm NFL, MLB, etc. don't mean much to me. Will just Watch SNL.
        lol I was thinking you were living in some dirt poor part of this world.. but w/ Internet? I was either drunk, I know I had to be

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
          lol I was thinking you were living in some dirt poor part of this world.. but w/ Internet? I was either drunk, I know I had to be
          LOL, if thats what u call North Dakota, so be it LOL. Ya, we have HBO/SHO, but the cable doesn't carry HBO Latino (probably no demand for it, demographically here). But I can Watch Boxing on any other channel, when Its on LOL. Ya, haven't followed the NBA in Years, so dont Know much about it These Days.....

Comment

Originally posted by lex_fugitive View Post
            Since you obviously didn't see it, just google Ward Barrera. "Ward dominates Barrera" is what you will find. Literally, that's the top entry. Second, everyone apparently wants him to fight Joe Smith, a top contender. TRBR has him ranked #5 at lhw, behind only Ward, Kov., Stevenson, Beterbiev, and Smith. So yes that would make him a top contender. Unlike Muhammed something, something that no one has ever heard of, isn't ranked at all, and still gave Kovalev everything he could handle.

I'll give you some free advice, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Barrera appears to be thought of as a top contender, and is also said by all who saw it to have dominated Barrera, unlike Kov's last fight.

Is anybody in there?

you like speaking for everyone i see. i wast going on what i saw. you can use confirmation bias to find anything that backs up your position like this article i found...Ward defeats Barrera, but fails to impress » Boxing News

you said everyone thought ward dominated but these comments from people(i hope they qualify under everybody) say differently

Barrera is landing nearly every jab

Yeah he isn’t winning the rounds but every jab is snapping wards head.

2-2, but the 10-8 Ward round puts him ahead, IMO.

The crowd and the commentators are in Ward’s pocket. But Barrera is consistently throwing more volume and that could help even the odds when it comes to the judges.

Ward doesn’t look that great to me still, but dude is nothing if not inventive.

Barrera has been landing a good number of punches
            Posted by h0lydiva on Mar 26, 2016 | 11:31 PM

You would never know it through the commentary and home crowd.
            Posted by kapital98

Getting chippy in there. Ward sa frustrated

He got caught by a number of clean power punches. He also got out jabbed in a lot of circumstances.

He won but it wasn’t a perfect performance.

He didn’t look great

doesnt sound like everyone thought it was a domination

also kov knocked out mohamaddi in 3 rounds so im not sure how you can say i'm the fool. I know the facts at least. because i have a different opinion than you so im a fool and should not say anything...

perhaps you were just being wrong and meant chilemba but if thats the case how has no one ever heard of chilemba? hes been in big fights before against guys like bellew, been on hbo, been in the top 10 for years. he was ranked #7 in the ring when kov fougth him. barrera wasnt even in the top 10 when ward fought him and even now is only #9. espn has him at #10. im not seeing top contender from the rankings or from my own eyeballs. maybe you think different but by my standards he is not.
            Last edited by daggum; 04-19-2017, 04:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
              you like speaking for everyone i see. i wast going on what i saw. you can use confirmation bias to find anything that backs up your position like this article i found...Ward defeats Barrera, but fails to impress » Boxing News

you said everyone thought ward dominated but these comments from people(i hope they qualify under everybody) say differently

Barrera is landing nearly every jab

Yeah he isn’t winning the rounds but every jab is snapping wards head.

2-2, but the 10-8 Ward round puts him ahead, IMO.

The crowd and the commentators are in Ward’s pocket. But Barrera is consistently throwing more volume and that could help even the odds when it comes to the judges.

Ward doesn’t look that great to me still, but dude is nothing if not inventive.

Barrera has been landing a good number of punches
              Posted by h0lydiva on Mar 26, 2016 | 11:31 PM

You would never know it through the commentary and home crowd.
              Posted by kapital98

Getting chippy in there. Ward sa frustrated

He got caught by a number of clean power punches. He also got out jabbed in a lot of circumstances.

He won but it wasn’t a perfect performance.

He didn’t look great

doesnt sound like everyone thought it was a domination

also kov knocked out mohamaddi in 3 rounds so im not sure how you can say i'm the fool. I know the facts at least. because i have a different opinion than you so im a fool and should not say anything...

perhaps you were just being wrong and meant chilemba but if thats the case how has no one ever heard of chilemba? hes been in big fights before against guys like bellew, been on hbo, been in the top 10 for years. he was ranked #7 in the ring when kov fougth him. barrera wasnt even in the top 10 when ward fought him and even now is only #9. espn has him at #10. im not seeing top contender from the rankings or from my own eyeballs. maybe you think different but by my standards he is not.

Bellew?? Wow, Chuahwa fought a pub fighter! You are using Ring ratings??? Are you serious? Oscar owns that, you do know right??? TRBR is the only rankings anyone pays attention to, Ring has lost all credibility a while ago.

Go to Boxrec. That is what everyone else will do. It shows Ward winning an easy decision, Chilemba or whoever won one round on two judges cards and zero on the third. Kov won 116-112. And everyone said he struggled mightily. Chilemba is not top 10, Barrera is #5.

I see you do admit Barrera is a top contender, though. Not even a hater like you can deny that!

Keep saying Chiuahau is better, if you say it enough you might actually start to believe it. Unfortunately no one else does, not even Chiuahua's own mother. You try to say Barrera won two rounds and that is Ward struggling! LMFAO

If you thought Ward struggled with Barrera, you must think Berto took Floyd to hell and back! Someone thought Barrera won TWO rounds, TWO rounds, and you say that is struggling. What was Chiuahua doing to Kov? Huh?

Ward fans don't have to say anything, Ward is #1 p4p. Even Oscar's Ring has him #1 p4p.

WARD IS #1 P4P.

Ward haters have to say he struggled because he lost ONE round on ONE card to the #5 lhw!!! Do you even realize how ******ed you sound? Honestly, do you?

Again, I really want to know, is anybody in there?

Comment

Working...
              X