No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Terence Crawford Wants to Fight the Burns-Indongo Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I'd like to see Crawford unify all the belts. But then after that it's time to move up.
    I don't think it's that important. He won 135 Ring/Lineal, 140 Ring, more important, already proved he's the man of both divisions he's been in. Time to move up now. One alphabet title from the best fighter other than yourself is enough, that was Postol, and Postol is still #1. While seeing a fighter with all 5 titles he can get (Ring, WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF) can be a slight sigh of relief, it's really more a sigh of relief when there's a question mark surrounding the weight class. At 140, there's no question marks, we know TC is the best. If Burns wins, I don't want to see that fight again. If Indongo wins, then maybe, since it's a fresh fight.

Unified champions are important in good weight classes. Pursuing that feat in a weak weight class sounds like an excuse to move up to the next better weight class. In this case WW is way better.

Comment

Crawford should stay and unify, so that no mayyer whay theyre can be no denying he was the man at 140

The same guys that are saying Crawford needs to move up will be the same guys saying that Crawford never ruled a division. Similar to what they do with Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I don't think it's that important. He won 135 Ring/Lineal, 140 Ring, more important, already proved he's the man of both divisions he's been in. Time to move up now. One alphabet title from the best fighter other than yourself is enough, that was Postol, and Postol is still #1. While seeing a fighter with all 5 titles he can get (Ring, WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF) can be a slight sigh of relief, it's really more a sigh of relief when there's a question mark surrounding the weight class. At 140, there's no question marks, we know TC is the best. If Burns wins, I don't want to see that fight again. If Indongo wins, then maybe, since it's a fresh fight.

Unified champions are important in good weight classes. Pursuing that feat in a weak weight class sounds like an excuse to move up to the next better weight class. In this case WW is way better.
        He's stuck at 140. If he moves up he'll face Jessie Vargas and then who? Crawford's problem is he isn't a big enough name to pay PBC top welterweights to fight on HBO. He makes over a million himself and he'd have to pay Garcia, Thurman, Porter, or Spence over a million. His fight with Postol was under $2 mil for the total purse and HBO had that on PPV. That PPV flopped and Bob isn't going to lose money on a PPV with Crawford against a fighter he has no connections to.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          He's stuck at 140. If he moves up he'll face Jessie Vargas and then who? Crawford's problem is he isn't a big enough name to pay PBC top welterweights to fight on HBO. He makes over a million himself and he'd have to pay Garcia, Thurman, Porter, or Spence over a million. His fight with Postol was under $2 mil for the total purse and HBO had that on PPV. That PPV flopped and Bob isn't going to lose money on a PPV with Crawford against a fighter he has no connections to.
          When does his TR contract end?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            When does his TR contract end?
            Top Rank contracts don't end

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              I'm starting to notice he might be the most blatant hypocrite on the site. And that's saying something. He LITERALLY holds other fighters to a standard he never holds GGG to and it's like he is oblivious to it.
              Can't take that guy seriously. He's either a master troll or a sad lonely man.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                this guy needs to quit hiding at 140, such a crap division. either go down or go up.
                I want TC to move up but - Lmfaooo.

Comment

Hell yes! Do it! I'd love to see just one 140 pound champion. Great for the sport!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                    Which better fights are waiting for him at 140 if he signed with PBC or some other promoter? Broner? I doubt he is in a big hurry to step in there with Crawford. Who else are we missing? Orozco? Once he unifies the division it's time for him to move up to 147. Mikey Garcia won't move up to fight him so he is out of money fights at 140.
                    There are fights at 147 that can be made. (Especially in the Haymon camp) HBO won't pay for the caliber of fights he needs.

Being unified champ is cool and all but it's not that significant.

The last 4 unified champs in the sport were Zab, Jermaine, Winky, and Bernard.

Definitely a mixed bag of legacies.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      There are fights at 147 that can be made. (Especially in the Haymon camp) HBO won't pay for the caliber of fights he needs.

Being unified champ is cool and all but it's not that significant.

The last 4 unified champs in the sport were Zab, Jermaine, Winky, and Bernard.

Definitely a mixed bag of legacies.
                      Unifying would be so easy for him right now, might as well if it isn't going to impact his prime. After the jump to 147 things get interesting. I don't think Danny Garcia wants any of him, but I also think Crawford will steer clear of Spence and Porter. Thurman strikes me as a guy who will fight anyone, so that is a strong possibility. A fight with Pac can be made but it will be hard to sell right now to the casual fanbase.

Comment

Working...
                      X