Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Golovkin and Canelo gets criticism for Khan and Brook but

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The same GGG and Canelo haters who criticized them for fighting Brook and Khan get Floyd a pass for fighting Marquez who came up two weight classes and Floyd didn't even make weight for the catch-weight that he demanded.

Comment

Hopefully someone covered this...

GGG & Canelo were criticized for fighting dudes who came up 2 weight classes. In both cases, Khan & Brook subsequently returned to WW, showing that they were not true MWs.

Gamboa was in the same weight class as Bud when they fought. He was a small LW, but he had already fought at LW, had a (paper) title at LW and kept fighting at LW.

Gamboa was a good win -- by itself not enough to get Bud to P4P. It was really the Postol domination that demonstrated that Bud was a top p4p guy.

Since this discussion has begun, I would rate Postol & Jacobs as fairly equivalent in terms of opposition - both solid #2 in the division. Bud dominated his #2, GGG squeaked by his. So that, plus topping two divisions means Ive got Bud at #4, just above GGG (#5) & Loma (#6)

Loma probably has better talent than both of them, but I just cant ignore the results -- and Loma has a (disputed, but valid) L on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottWeiland View Post
        I don't really give a shyt about sourcing anything here
        Typical words of a person who couldn't back up **** he was saying. Now you "don't give a ****" and "don't care". Uh huh.

I've better things to do than debate boxing with someone who doesn't feel the Postol or Gamboa wins for Crawford are insignificant but feels a win over Walters after a year out is.
        If you had better things to do, you wouldn't be replying to me now

Yes, a win over Walters after a year out is more significant than a win over Gamboa after a year out.

At least, Walters wasn't the smaller guy against Loma, unlike Gamboa who was coming off the same 1 year of inactivity

Funny that you point your finger at fans who disowned Postol after Crawford schooled him, but ignoring the fans who acts like Walters was some bum. I can find you 3-4 NSB threads where posters were discussing if Walters deserved the spot in top 10 p4p after Darchinyan and Donaire wins. But all of a sudden he became a bum now

Carry on acting like a virgin, it's cute.
        Acting like a virgin how? With sending you my messages which proved I wasn't being hypocrite for a second about Postol?

You strike me as the type of guy who irons his socks, you do right ?
        Even if I did, I wouldn't be ashamed of that. It's better to iron socks and take care of your look than walking around in dirty messed up clothes
        Last edited by g27region; 04-14-2017, 11:08 AM.

Comment

I think a lot of people do criticize the Gamboa W. I know I do/did & I know I wasn't the only cat doing so. In general doe fans tend to dog a W vs hype a guy for a W so there is the squeaky wheel gets the oil reality too & those other fights were more recent so obviously more fans are going to be bringing those fights up more than the Gamboa fight, which was 3 years ago, in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            But Crawford gets a lot of credit for Gamboa?
            Who cares what people say. Canelo vs Khan was a boxing event.
            Having said that, Crawford vs Gamboa was a great fight. Great win for Crawford who should be given credit for taking Gamboa's 0.

Comment

Originally posted by JrRod View Post
              Who cares what people say. Canelo vs Khan was a boxing event.
              Having said that, Crawford vs Gamboa was a great fight. Great win for Crawford who should be given credit for taking Gamboa's 0.
              Yeah, the point of the thread is that fighters shouldn't jump up two divisions without acclimatization. But Crawford/Gamboa is one of my favorite fights of this decade, amazing performance

Comment

And Floyd blew off the catch weight.

In bird culture this is known as a dick move.

Comment

Man, the way I've seen it coming BEFORE the fight, I'm a should be called the NSB nostradamus

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                  People overrate Postol, he's not as good as people think he is, and they're gonna be surprised by how easily Crawford will whoop that ass

Comment

Gamboas win was way more solid than those other silly matches lol

Gamboa was undefeated n fought at 135

Khan hasnt ever had a solid win...... I cant think of one, had never fought at junior middleweight division, dude has the weakest chin ever, but Nelo kind of sucks so i could see Khan doin good for a few, i understand Khan going for the greatness, so props to him for the challenge

Brook lol he jumped 2 divisions enough said, i think he wanted to out do Khan, he was very courageous but lol, GGG even said he was too small for him n all of sudden he becomes the biggest challenge in ur career wtf

Crawford has had worst cherry picks, i dont even think it was a cherry pick but oh well, i think we all knew Bud would win that fight cause of his size
                    Last edited by TX_BOXNG; 04-15-2017, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Is this a joke? Lol first off the Gamboa fight was wayyy Less of a clown show going into it. We all knew kell and khan had no business in the ring with those guys. Nobody was calling it a mismatch when it was signed. Second I don't see people calling it some great win, yuri is clearly just too small for 135 so in hindsight it's clearly not that good of a win. It's decent. No where near as stupid of a fight as kell vs gg
                      Last edited by HanzGruber; 04-15-2017, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X