No announcement yet.

If Spence loses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Spence loses?

There is a lot of confident (some very cocky) Spence fans on here, if he gets shut out for 10 rounds and absolutely slaughtered until he quits will you still support him or is that hype train then derailed?
    Last edited by Poppo168; 04-11-2017, 09:53 AM.

I won't give up on him easily, but I'd certainly lose a lot of confidence in him. Losing to your first legit opponent is a pretty bad look.

Comment

I think there are c#cky fans on both sides of this fight. Brook just has more outs if he does bad since he took a beating vs GGG & has metal in his face now. A bad Brook performance can be easier explained way.

But yea if Spence goes in there & isn't even competitive & gets KTFO in 2 or 12-0'd its definitely a derailing of the hype train. I don't think it ends him doe or suggests he's not going to be a title holder or even the #1 guy one day.

Just looking at Spence's resume its clear Brook is a huge jump up in class & many great fighters have come up short in huge jump ups in class. Many great fighters have took L's before they even got to being a contender & still become great fighters. Although granted its much more likely that a guy losing in his first major jump up in class just isn't a great fighter cuz great fighters are rarer than guys who get the potential great fighter moniker that Spence has gotten.

Comment

If he gets crushed in a few rounds and its not even competitive, his stock will drop considerably. But if he loses in a very competitive fight, possibly even a controversial loss, I think he holds his place on the 147 landscape. Brook is a tough fight for anyone at 147 and possibly even the top dog. No shame in losing to him in a close fight.

Comment

Brook is an incredibly talented fighter. I would not think differently of Spence if he lost to him in competitive fashion

Comment

I am pulling for Spence and betting on him because I think he is a very good boxer. If he loses I will still want to see him fight. I will accept the fact that he wasn't ready for someone on Brook's level and that SPence is right now not a top tier WW as I believe he will prove in defeating Brook.

Comment

all the spence "fans" will vanish into thin air and they'll pretend like he never existed. same thing with boner, imam gary russell jr all the way back to lacy. remember nobody hyped up spence or knew who the guy was until gayweather jr told the fl0mos he's the next big thing. fake fans like fake news

Comment

Id be almost as bad as the matthysee hype train and I'm a spence fan.

Comment

If Spence loses I expect to be getting **** for the rest of the year. Sorry of like the Lucas fanboys after Danny beat him. I've put all my eggs in the Spence basket. He won't let me down. I know it!

Comment

Worst thing that can happen in a fight like this is if he happens to catch a big shot early and get KO'd. He'll get written of completely, even if he would have been competitive later on.

Comment

Working...
                    X