Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Berto's Tale of Mayweather Fight Sends Warning To McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Berto's Tale of Mayweather Fight Sends Warning To McGregor

UFC boss Dana White all but confirmed Conor McGregor's forthcoming fight with Floyd Mayweather earlier this week. The 47-year-old claimed the lucrative boxing match was the fight all fans wanted to see. "It's intriguing and obviously, it's a fight that Conor wants because financially it's going to be massive for him," he said.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You left out more than half of the interview it comes across nothing like it was said.

Last edited by Reloaded; 04-08-2017, 05:03 AM.

Comment

i like how the end of the article is a quote from some UFC legend i've never heard of (who is she??!!) and they don't even bother to honour it with any discussion, probably because it is sheer nonsense, hahaha, brilliant stuff

Comment

It's an exhibition...period.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          You left out more than half of the interview it comes across nothing like it was said.

Thats a great f#cking video. Ran into it when I went down the Youtube rabbit hole yesterday for awhile. One of the best breakdowns on what its like to fight Floyd that I've heard any of his opponents speak on.

Comment

Originally posted by frosty-g View Post
            i like how the end of the article is a quote from some UFC legend i've never heard of (who is she??!!) and they don't even bother to honour it with any discussion, probably because it is sheer nonsense, hahaha, brilliant stuff
            Bas Rutten is a former UFC heavyweight champion and hall of fame. Anyone who follows mma knows who he is but they could have added a direct quote or something. Either way, he is wrong because McGregor has zero chance.

Comment

The fact that Berto's still getting meaningful fights just shows how weak boxing is.
              This guy's been finished for a while. Floyd was being charitable by giving the brother a payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post

But the salient point is this:

Originally posted by Andre Berto
                "But when you get in there it felt like I was sparring."
                Finally, someone has verbally admitted what TBE does to you in that ring.

He frustrates you with a precision pace designed to win rounds. You should never feel like you're sparring - that means you're doing something wrong by not pressing the action. The ones who got close, pressed him into war even at their own peril.

That's why they keep losing - that's why McGregor has no chance. He doesn't pressure, never has, and if he tries against Floyd, I see another Ricky Hatton highlight.

Comment

The full video was pretty damn good. The author only took out a few quotes.

Berto gave a great assessment of what it feels like to fight the older version of Floyd (i.e. Money).

A video detailing a fight with Pretty Boy Floyd would sound a lot different. In 35 fights at 140 and below dude had 24 KOs. Watching him breakdown guys was something. He had some beautiful combinations.

The hands and size factor at 147 and 154 changed things, then he became the fighter Berto describes in the video. An adjustment like that shows how great he is as a fighter. Few have been able to make that type of transition and be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    The full video was pretty damn good. The author only took out a few quotes.

Berto gave a great assessment of what it feels like to fight the older version of Floyd (i.e. Money).

A video detailing a fight with Pretty Boy Floyd would sound a lot different. In 35 fights at 140 and below dude had 24 KOs. Watching him breakdown guys was something. He had some beautiful combinations.
                    If you were to interview Jesus Chavez or Emmanuel Augustus, they would likely tell the same story - Floyd's not a power puncher, just sharp, and he's constantly on the defensive and observant about everything around him. The only difference between PBF and Money is punch output if you watch the fights. He was still defensive first, always had been.

Comment

Working...
                    X