Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kenny Porter: Jacobs fought scared, didnt try to win, he just came to survive vs GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      funny how you pick and choose what you post..so many other videos and articles of people who think Jacobs won..point is why even bother arguing this **** if you are secure GGG won?? no one is even talking about it anymore
      Another thread Larry tries to shut down because he doesn't like the original post. Pity you don't shut down the ideas in your head before you type them up.

Also, FWIW, the comments from Kenny Porter are interesting because he's one of the few keeping it real, rather than the standard "it was a close fight, Danny did well". Personally, I agree with what he is saying - Danny was in survival mode for that whole fight.

Comment

woulda, coulda, shoulda ....if & because....
        Bottom line Danny could say that GGG didn't hit all that hard but he fought like he "felt" him plenty.

The reason he didn't mix it up or try to take the lead is that he DID feel him and decided to try and move away and occasionally counter.
        I think Danny may have had more success if he stepped up and inside with a two handed attack then move laterally to make GGG reset. When Danny switched stances GGG had to reset again and it was plain to see he had to think about his lead foot and where he wanted it. Danny might have taken advantage of that too!

I don't care what anyone says as far as I'm concerned I don't see anyone walking through Golovkin's punches and forming much of an offence.
        It may take a bigger heavier man to absorb his shots but for now everyone he's fought ain't happy!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
          Another thread Larry tries to shut down because he doesn't like the original post. Pity you don't shut down the ideas in your head before you type them up.

Also, FWIW, the comments from Kenny Porter are interesting because he's one of the few keeping it real, rather than the standard "it was a close fight, Danny did well". Personally, I agree with what he is saying - Danny was in survival mode for that whole fight.
          of course you agree because it fits your agenda..point is who goves a **** about what porter says?? i posted several videos of others stating different...does it matter??? NO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            funny how you pick and choose what you post..so many other videos and articles of people who think Jacobs won..point is why even bother arguing this **** if you are secure GGG won?? no one is even talking about it anymore
            its 99 percent the ones who hate ggg that think he lost to jacobs. lol nothing to see here.

Comment

Got dropped, outlanded in 9 of 12 rds, got outjabbed by almost 100 jabs. Yeah, close fight but he lost.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Got dropped, outlanded in 9 of 12 rds, got outjabbed by almost 100 jabs. Yeah, close fight but he lost.
                sounds like Pacquiao-Bradley-1

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                  its 99 percent the ones who hate ggg that think he lost to jacobs. lol nothing to see here.
                  You aint talking to me..so who you directing it to?

Comment

How did you have the fight, Larry xxx?

Comment

I agree with Porter, to some extent.

I also had Jacobs winning a close fight. However, he did seem to be tentative. I think that's because he clearly believed the, should I call it hype..?, regarding Golovkin's power. His team came in with a very clear game plan. Use your movement. The times where Jacobs seemed to want to stay planted and engage were there, but when he went back to his corner, his trainer would admonish him and say to stick with the game plan. I think Jacobs at some point felt that he could take the power and wanted to plant his feet, but his trainer kept telling him to stick with the game plan.

If there is a rematch, I expect that we will see Jacobs planting his feet and perhaps trying to even push Golovkin back since I think Jacobs believes he can take the power.

Comment

Working...
                      X