Comments Thread For: Mairis Briedis Decisions Marco Huck For WBC, IBO Titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jas View Post
    it was in effect for the huck briedis fight
    did you watch it? no live scorecards were announced before the decision was read lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
      did you watch it? no live scorecards were announced before the decision was read lol.
      yea, i watched it. german television showed the scorecards after rounds 4 and 8. other people also commented on this

Comment

When did they reintroduce the 4 and 8 round public announcement of the scoring?
        It it would be the local state or countries decision in a WBC fight to an ounce scores after the 4th and 8th round it's called open scoring supposedly to give the fighters more incentive to fight if we specially if one is behind ...get it???

Comment

yea, i watched it. german television showed the scorecards after rounds 4 and 8. other people also commented on this
          weird. i didnt hear anything. boxnation never mentioned anything either.

so huck knew he was 8 zero down after 8 and STILL did **** all ?

wow

Comment

• 120-108 Briedis for me (I'm not sure where the -1 in each score came from)

It didn't feel that one-sided, but Huck landed nothing of note and I just couldn't give him a round. Briedis showed some quick counters and nimble lateral movement, and I think that made it difficult for Huck to unload in his customary style.
            Last edited by Levity; 04-02-2017, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scholar View Post
              6-3 Huck. Breidis gassing.
              You should apply for a judge job...

Comment

• The card, which also features Christina Hammer vs. Maria Lindberg, is scheduled to start at 9 p.m. locally in Germany and 8 p.m. in the UK. Here’s a complete look at everything you need to know to watch a live stream:

Watch Live & Copy link--->> //t.co/cjlmFfNoyJ

Comment

• The card, which also features Christina Hammer vs. Maria Lindberg, is scheduled to start at 9 p.m. locally in Germany and 8 p.m. in the UK. Here’s a complete look at everything you need to know to watch a live stream:

Watch Live & Copy link--->> //t.co/cjlmFfNoyJ

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    Westfalenhalle, Dortmund, Nordrhein-Westfalen - For the vacant WBC and IBO cruiserweight titles, Mairis Briedis (22-0, 18 KOs) boxed his way to a twelve round unanimous decision over division veteran Marco Huck (40-4-1, 27 KOs). The scores were 116-111, 117-110 and 118-109.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    With other titles belonging to Lebedev, Gassiev and Usyk, this means a clean sweep performed by fighters from former Soviet Republics, almost ten years after the same sweep had been completed in heavyweight division (by Valuev, Maskaev, Klitschko and Lyakhovich). - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/mairis-briedis-decisions-marco-huck-wbc-ibo-titles-results--115199#sthash.jLZ7hWX0.dpuf
                    Interesting. It works even if you include the WBA regular champion Shumenov. The WBA interim champion Dorticos is looking to upset that apple cart.

Still, there are two more fighters, who are bound to the green belt in this weight class. One is Grigory Drozd, the champion in recess. The other is Tony Bellew, an emeritus champion, who is injured right now in the aftermath of his historical win over David Haye. Plans for those two fighters are unclear at the moment, but chances are high that neither Drozd nor Bellew will return to face Briedis - which means that new faces of the division are officially here - in Gassiev, Usyk and Briedis. - See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/mairis-briedis-decisions-marco-huck-wbc-ibo-titles-results--115199#sthash.jLZ7hWX0.dpuf
                    The WBC doesn't list Drozd as champion in recess anymore. I consider him "presumed retired" like Yoan Pablo Hernandez.

Comment

Working...
                    X