Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatley: Long Layoff Won't Be Issue In Fight Against Jermell Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatley: Long Layoff Won't Be Issue In Fight Against Jermell Charlo

Charles Hatley hasn't fought in nearly 17 months, not an ideal amount of time between bouts if you're preparing for a title fight. The 31-year-old Hatley says, though, that he isn't worried about this long layoff as he gets ready to meet Jermell Charlo for the WBC world super welterweight title April 22 in Brooklyn. Because their championship match was pushed back so many times, most recently from March 11 to April 22, Hatley has been training in some capacity to challenge Charlo since last summer.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I see people giving Hatley a chance, can someone school me on him?.
    I know that he was a talented amateur and many people don't rate Jermell after the impressive win of Jermall over Williams and the fact that despite being considered the better boxer of the two, Jermell was outboxed by John Jackson, but Jackson is quite underrated.

Comment

I thoroughly enjoyed seeing Hatley KO that Australian terrorist attack supporter. Damn near got a boner seeing Mundane stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
        I know that he was a talented amateur and many people don't rate Jermell after the impressive win of Jermall over Williams and the fact that despite being considered the better boxer of the two, Jermell was outboxed by John Jackson, but Jackson is quite underrated.
        Jackson has outboxed every one of his opponents....prior to getting KO'd ofcourse

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
          Jackson has outboxed every one of his opponents....prior to getting KO'd ofcourse
          Yeah, Jackson is a talent, great boxing skills and also great power, but he lacks the mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by yngwie View Post
            1) John Jackson has outboxed every opponent he ever faced. He's a very good boxer, just has a pathetic chin, like Khan.

2) It was Jermell's first fight after moving from Ronnie Shields (Jermall and Lara's trainer) to Derick James (Errol Spence's trainer). It takes time to adjust to a new trainer and a different fighting style.

3) Spence's trainer is all about pressing the attack and getting the KO, and also body punching. Spence used to be a pure boxer but his trainer made him change to a pressure fighter to get em KOs (the trainer said so himself). So you can imagine that Charlo is going through the same changes, which would naturally take time.

Jermell has had more time to train now with his new trainer, so I expect him to be waaaaaay better than he was against John Jackson. He's gonna be a machine, and Hartley gonna get a major beating and get stopped.

Comment

Jermell is a good, solid world champ. Not a scary top level guy like his brother, but still a strong, worthy champion. Hatley is a level below imo. Charlo by late KO or decision after a competitive 4 or 5 rounds in the beginning

Comment

Working...
              X