Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wladimir Klitschko: Guns Are Cocked, I Look Forward To Shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Time View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/boxing/770806/Wladimir-Klitschko-camp-insider-reveals-veteran-s-shocking-training-struggles-Boxing-News/amp
    eh

that's not convincing

Comment

If you're not able to read the article, type in the words on Google and you'll be able to read the article. Me personally I just think at 41 years old and how he's looked against Jennings and Fury. Plus being out for so long. He's ripe for the picking. His jab and hold, jab and hold and occasional right hand won't work for him against Joshua. He's going to need to be aggressive and fight at a faster pace. Maybe the rest has done him well. If he's able to pull this off I'll be quite impressed. I just don't see him being able to win this fight. As a previous poster mentioned, when you get old it's not your strength or conditioning that goes. It's the reflexes, response and not being able to pull the trigger. Things get a lot slower, the mind tells you do this, do that, but the body doesn't respond well. We will see though, 4 weeks to go.

Comment

The article is from the very beginning of his camp + I don't take Haye's word to be exactly trustworthy.

If AJ beats Wlad he deserves all the credit. I actually don't see a KO in this one. I think it goes all 12.
        It's 50:50 for me.

Comment

wlad should retire soon, win or lose.

Comment

In the one sparring vid I saw, he wasn't throwing anything back. It was like the Fury fight. I worry that he's surrounded himself with people who kiss his ass and won't be frank with him, just like in the Fury fight when he needed to get yelled at and simply got apologetic suggestions instead.

Comment

If you're not able to read the article, type in the words on Google and you'll be able to read the article. Me personally I just think at 41 years old and how he's looked against Jennings and Fury. Plus being out for so long. He's ripe for the picking. His jab and hold, jab and hold and occasional right hand won't work for him against Joshua. He's going to need to be aggressive and fight at a faster pace. Maybe the rest has done him well. If he's able to pull this off I'll be quite impressed. I just don't see him being able to win this fight. As a previous poster mentioned, when you get old it's not your strength or conditioning that goes. It's the reflexes, response and not being able to pull the trigger. Things get a lot slower, the mind tells you do this, do that, but the body doesn't respond well. We will see though, 4 weeks to go.
              I read it

not convinced

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                In the one sparring vid I saw, he wasn't throwing anything back. It was like the Fury fight. I worry that he's surrounded himself with people who kiss his ass and won't be frank with him, just like in the Fury fight when he needed to get yelled at and simply got apologetic suggestions instead.

Yeah, I believe to an extent what was reported of him is true. Haye probably exaggerated a little but I generally do believe he has struggled a bit. Usually where there is smoke, there's a fire.

I've got this as a 60/40 fight in Anthony Joshua's favor.

We will see though, in any event I'm very much looking forward to seeing this fight!

Comment

Yeah, I believe to an extent what was reported of him is true. Haye probably exaggerated a little but I generally do believe he has struggled a bit. Usually where there is smoke, there's a fire.

I've got this as a 60/40 fight in Anthony Joshua's favor.

We will see though, in any event I'm very much looking forward to seeing this fight!
                  I didn't read the report but to me, Wlad's struggles are all mental. He's still in better shape than most HW's in their 20's.
                  If he's got his mind together, I've got him 70/30 over Joshua. But, I don't trust him after being gunshy against Jennings and petrified in front of Fury, who couldn't bust a grape. I'll be rooting for Wlad, but predicting Joshua to take this by decision.

Comment

Ooh shiieeet!

That's what I'm taking about.

Go out there and make Emanuel Steward proud.

Comment

This is like the hopkins/smith fight

You can take 17 months off in your 20s and bounce back maybe even come back better/fresher

You can't take 17 months off with grey hair and just get back to it. It would be nice if that were reality.

Comment

Working...
                      X