Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would David Lemieux have been the best PRIME opponent of Floyd Mayweather's career?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
    Corrales
    Hatton
    Alvarez

Prime, undefeated when Floyd fought them.

I say Jacobs is better than Corrales and Hatton, and could hang with Alvarez from what I have seen
    corrales is far more accomplished than jacobs, won more titles and beat better opposition..thats a bit of stretch bro.....

Hatton also had accomplished more and his wins over Castillo and Tszyu trump anything jacobs has done

his claim to fame so far is ko'ing quillen and holding GGG close in a competitive fight....these dudes won lineal titles and also won titles in 2 divisions, also beat more champions

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      Shhhhhhhhhh
      Oh ****, I thought I was whispering you that. Damn, my bad.

I keep bumping this thread cause I wanna see more replies.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
        Corrales
        Hatton
        Alvarez

Prime, undefeated when Floyd fought them.

I say Jacobs is better than Corrales and Hatton, and could hang with Alvarez from what I have seen
        Bro read the post first. Diego Corrales was a walking dead man. Watch the ****ing interview with Alex Ariza who was his strength coach that week.

This is what I'm ****ing talking about. Floyd's entire resume is an illusion, but a decade later and fans still don't know the truth, fans still bringing up Corrales like that was a good win. Yeah on PAPER but no in the ring that night. He had the fever all week Ariza tried to "starve the fever" "the biggest mistake of my career".

And it is like that with every name you bring up. You just don't KNOW it. You don't know the facts. That's why I took the time to type them all up for you but you didn't even read it lmao, which is exactly how you remain ignorant of them.
        Last edited by Boxing Logic; 03-28-2017, 06:17 PM.

Comment

6 pages... 3 posts actually addressing the Lemieux question ...

You guys ....

Simple answer is ... No ....

Comment

Next you'll be asking us if Floyd faced a slickster like Monroe. Lemieux is not even as good as Maidana. He's like Victor Ortiz level.

The reason no one is answering the question is because it's a non starter. If you are trolling then kudos but if you're being serious then I worry for your mental health and the new boxing fans on here that are impressionable enough to absorb this nonsense and run with it in the future. Lemieux outside of a big punch (albeit against terrible opposition) is garbage. If Floyd beat someone as limited as him it would not even be a worthwhile win and you'd laugh at anyone trying to brag about it..... Philip Ndou anyone??

I don't even know why I dignified this dumbazz thread with a non trolling response lol.

Comment

So far I see lots of angry Floyd fans who read just as much of the FACTS I presented as Floyd would have, which explains the ignorance on display. Now it's time to educate.

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              corrales is far more accomplished than jacobs, won more titles and beat better opposition..thats a bit of stretch bro.....
              Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              jacobs isn't better then corrales hatton nore alverez.
              Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              dude you said jacobs is better than hatton and corrales.. nuff said
              Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
              i don't give a **** about his dimensions........hatton and corrales were A class fighters.
              I present to you an interview with Alex Ariza, strength and conditioning coach for Diego Corrales at the time he fought Floyd. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UNaD78gYAs

"That night (Diego fought Floyd) ... was such a disaster. I had the hardest on the job training was right there with that guy. So every mistake that you could have made, I made it ... And without a doubt, I was in charge of Diego's weight and stuff like that, you know I took a shot, to try something, he had got ill, and I took a shot during the week, you know, starve a fever, feet on cold, all that kind of bull****, and I was trying to do something, and it backfired on me and I missed weight, so, and it ended up costing us, so, you know, again, like I said, I was in charge of it, I had full complete control of it, so ultimately it's my fault." - Alex Ariza, Diego Corrales strength and conditioning coach
              Aight so now that I just ethered that "great" Diego Corrales win Floyd fans love so much, who is next??? Who else did he beat that was so good?

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
              Every GGG fan on earth knows that Floyd has a better resume than GGG. These are TROLLS
              I swear I'm not trolling. What troll would write such a long post full of facts? No I am trying to educate these dumb fans, but the problem is they don't want to be educated. They always have some excuse not to read the facts, so they can stay in their naive state of blissful ignorance about their God Floyd Mayweather I guess.

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              and people ask why GGG gets hate....smh
              Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
              Wtf?? Did everyone forget Lemiuex has been knocked out by Rubio before?? And was out boxed by some bum?? And he went life and death with some F Level fighter named Cristian Fabian Rios
              Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
              We've got to stop this. Jacob's was knocked out cold over 5 years ago. He's a a Victor Ortiz level win.
              Jose Luis Castillo had been knocked out by Cesar Soto, Javier Jauregui TWICE, and Julio Alvarez before he fought Floyd, and he still kicked Floyd's ass. NEXT! See this is what I mean by double standards lmao.

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

ODLH, Maidana, Cotto, JMM, Hatton, arguably Mosely and Corrales also, were both more dangerous at the time of the fights, and certainly better fighters prime for prime when compared to LeMule.
              ODLH was one fight from retirement, with shoulder problems, and still almost won. NEXT!

Maidana was a power puncher in puncher's gloves who Floyd paid under the table to wear boxer' gloves, and Floyd still almost lost. Maidana had also already lost to Andriy Kotelnik, Amir Khan, and Devon Alexander who schooled him worse than Floyd did. NEXT!

Ricky Hatton was a small junior welterweight with a 7 inch reach disadvantage Floyd pulled up as a way to duck the best guys in his division. Meanwhile Jacobs had 3 inches on GGG. That's a spread of 10 inches lol. NEXT!

Shane Mosley was old after Floyd ducked him his entire prime, and everyone knows he was on juice when he fought Margarito the fight before Floyd. All Floyd had to do was pretend Mosley was still a top fighter without roids, trick his ignorant fans, then call for drug testing for that fight which wasn't common at the time not to clean up the sport, but to take Mosley off the roids while still geting full credit from his ignorant fans for beating a Sugarless Shane Mosley who had nothing in the tank at that age without the roids.

What, you didn't know about that one either? That's right baby Floyd ain't no Money Mayweather, his real name is Floyd ASTERISK Mayweather. Because every one of his "best wins" is a con job, an asterisk, relying on the ignorance of his fans. NEXT!

Aw you even brought up Corrales again. Funny how all you Floyd fans bring up Corrales. Well I already took care of that ****ty win. Great fighter, ****ty win for Floyd.

Originally posted by icha View Post
              The delusional fanbase at it again...
              Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
              I think some of these hardcore triple gift fans might be ******ed
              Not delusional, not ******ed, we just actually read interviews, and know the facts. You still thought beating the fevered corpse of Diego Corrales who Ariza tried to "starve the fever" out of all week was a great win LOL! So who is ******ed? The guy who thinks beating a top, prime puncher at middleweight is a good win, or the guy who thinks beating a starved, fevered, walking corpse was a good win? Which one sounds more ******ed to you mutha****a??? That's right. Next time read a little before you run your mouth because these facts were all in the original post.

WHO ELSE YOU GOT?? Marquez?? Marquez fought at 135 the fight before Floyd, Floyd fought him at 146. NEXT! Keep em coming I can go all day! Exposing this LIE of a career is easy work! Eaasssy work.

Hell, 135 to 146 is only two pounds less than Brook moving from 147 to 160, and Brook is a way bigger 147 than Marquez was a 135. So like I said in the top, if you Floyd fans want to say Marquez was a good win, it's time to start worshiping GGG's win over Brook too. Fair is fair!

Lmao. Like I said, double standards... But what else people got? I'm still waiting for a top Floyd win that I can't expose easily. The only crazy thing to me is that it's been a decade since the Corrales fight, and apparently no one told you guys about this before! It looks like Floyd did a real, lasting con job on you guys. They are going to study this one in advanced psychology classes for centuries to come. He still got you believing this bull****! A decade later!!! It's unbelievable man. And he got you brainwashed so good, whenever anyone comes along and tries to wake you up to the truth, you immediately yell TROLL! and cover your eyes and your ears. He got you so brainwashed, he even got you brainwashed about not letting anyone show you how bad he got you brainwashed!

Like I said, they are going to teach about this one for a long time.
              Last edited by Boxing Logic; 03-28-2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                Next you'll be asking us if Floyd faced a slickster like Monroe. Lemieux is not even as good as Maidana. He's like Victor Ortiz level.
                Lemieux has not lost since he was 21 or 22 years old. Maidana on the other hand lost to Devon Alexander only two years before he fought Floyd. Lemieux has an 83% KO%, Maidana 78%. Lemieux has 3 losses, the only ones other than GGG coming due to weight/stamina when he was 21 or 22, while Maidana has 5 losses.

GGG fought the best version of David Lemieux. Floyd fought Marcos Maidana in pillow gloves because he was so scared to fight the same guy that beat Broner, that he paid Maidana under the table to wear gloves that would dampen his power, which if you forgot was the only ****ing reason the fight would have been interesting at all in the first place, because that's all Maidana had was his power. But Floyd paid him off to take that away. And then still only won by majority decision.

GGG beat Lemieux by knockout.

So you go down the list, and every single category shows that GGG's win over Lemieux was better than Floyd's win over Maidana. You Floyd fans are unbelievable man. I mean he literally chose a one dimensional puncher to fight, out of everyone he could have chosen, and then paid him off not to wear puncher's gloves, which was the ONE THING he had. And then Floyd still almost lost. Are you ****ing kidding me? Floyd's career is a joke, and if you think beating Maidana in pillow gloves is a better win than knocking out David Lemieux, then your knowledge of boxing is a joke too.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
                  6 pages... 3 posts actually addressing the Lemieux question ...
                  You guys ....
                  Simple answer is ... No ....
                  For real. But if Lemieux wouldn't have been the best prime opponent of Floyd's career, then who was better? That's what I'm trying to learn, I want to be educated about this topic, but no one has an answer so far. So if no one has an answer, I have to conclude that Lemieux really would have been Floyd's best prime opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    Holy ****. I should seek for his expertise next time I have another paper coming up.
                    If you were smart, you'd seek my expertise for boxing. As is you want to act like I don't know **** about the sport, but since you admit you didn't read anything I said, how the **** would you know?

But hey we can keep it short if you want. Just give me three PRIME, undrained, un-blown-up opponents Floyd beat who were better when Floyd fought them than Lemieux was when GGG fought him. Just three. Hell how about one? If you want to keep it real short, just pick one, and we'll see how it holds up to the facts...

Comment

Lemieux? We're talking the Rubio and Alcine defeated Lemieux? That's whay we're doing here?

Comment

Working...
                      X