No announcement yet.

Canelo vs Jacobs @ 160

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
    If Jacobs fights the same fight he did against Golovkin its an easy UD win for Jacobs.. Canelo can't cut the ring off.. Jacobs has a bigger reach & can stay at distance & box..
    Why would Jacobs have to stay away from 5'7 Canelito???

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFan85 View Post
      If Jacobs fights the same fight he did against Golovkin its an easy UD win for Jacobs.. Canelo can't cut the ring off.. Jacobs has a bigger reach & can stay at distance & box..
      This is almost exactly the way I see it but I wouldn't be shocked if Jacobs KO'd Canelo either. Canelo's strength is his counter punching but if Jacobs used his feet and reach he could nullify most of Canelo's strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
        I favor Jacobs and Lemieux against Canelo. Lets look at one fact here, Canelo has always had the size advantage, in these two fights he won't, Lemieux will not respect Canelo's power, he will push Canelo around. Jacobs will also out muscle Canelo. People don't give Lemieux and Jacobs enough Credit, but if the fights ever happened mark my words that Canelo will only win via robbery.

I am confident to beat Lemiux you need a great chin, an excellent Jab and great movement. To Beat Jacobs you need those things as well.
        Lemieux is wack!

Comment

LOL at the Triple L fans hyping Jacobs up to be some sort of invincible killer.

Comment

Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
            LOL at the Triple L fans hyping Jacobs up to be some sort of invincible killer.
            This^^

and to add to it ,Canelo is like 1cm shorter then GGG and suddenly ,size will major factor

Comment

Jacobs wins a easy fight

Comment

Looking at Canelo-Lara & Canelo-Trout I would favour Jacobs for this. Danny's not the natural counter-puncher those two are, but he is bigger, faster, and hits a lot harder. Canelo's mediocre jab and tendency to follow the opponent around would really play into Jacob's favour.

While Canelo has an inferior jab to Golovkin, he's a better pocket fighter. That would be the risk for Jacobs. Golovkin tends to freeze up with an opponent flurries in the pocket, but Canelo can counter with combinations.

All in all though, Canelo's at a pretty major physical disadvantage in this one and I can see multiple ways for Danny to win. Canelo isn't a major underdog or anything, but it's a tougher fight for him than Lara and he arguably lost that night.

Comment

Well I guess since the GGGtards say Canelo can't even beat Jacobs... GGG gets 0 credit if he does fight and beat Canelo. Why isn't GGG trying to test himself? When will he fight a fight that he's not favored in? Why do his fans want to see fights with no hopers if their fighter is some supposed atg taking all the legacy challenges?

Comment

I think Canelo would be the one coming forward. Jacobs would try to keep the fight at long range and try to pot shot Canelo and move in and out with quick flurries. The rounds would be close but Canelo would win more of them with his fast accurate combinations. He will slow Jacobs down with a vicious body attack that he starts in the first round. He will knock Jacobs out in a late round with bombs to the head and body. Canelo improves a lot with every fight. He will study the GGG vs Jacobs fight. He will know what to do and he will do it.

Comment

people are hyping jacobs cause he showed how average GG really is. Canelo wins

Comment

Working...
                      X