Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward gives the Sermon on how Kovolov folded, talks mental game

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i love how this fights narrative is suddenyl getting changed to ward putting on some masterclass in the second half of the fight from what i saw it was a very one sided fight in the first fw rounds that turned into a more even contest in the second half, kovalev hardly folded. but i guess 'dem jabs to the body doe!
    It was a good performance by both with Ward appearing to be the fresher of the two late in the fight. BTW, you ever take a few strong jabs to the body? They're very effective at sapping energy.....

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
      I'd take Ward more seriously if he actually won the fight.
      He did.

Ward won more rounds, that's how you win a boxing match.

Comment

I mean, I have a lot of respect for Ward as a fighter. Big fan, I like his attitude and hard work. I thought the outcome of the Kovalev fight was a draw which means Kovalev retained his belts and is still the champ. Part 2 needs to happen to decide the true winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
          He did.

Ward won more rounds, that's how you win a boxing match.
          Nah, Kovalev won by at least two rounds. Ward and his fans are going on like they gave him a boxing lesson lol. Us neutrals know what actually happened.

Comment

Nah, Kovalev won by at least two rounds. Ward and his fans are going on like they gave him a boxing lesson lol. Us neutrals know what actually happened.
            114-113 Ward deal with it. Most so called "neutrals" are actually Kovalev fans. If you were actually neutral you would realise how close the fight was.

Kovalev folded in the second half of the fight and Ward outworked him. He needs to fix his conditioning.

Comment

114-113 Ward deal with it. Most so called "neutrals" are actually Kovalev fans. If you were actually neutral you would realise how close the fight was.

Kovalev folded in the second half of the fight and Ward outworked him. He needs to fix his conditioning.
              Indeed, it was a close fight that Kovalev edged.

Comment

Indeed, it was a close fight that Kovalev edged.
                Therefore not a robbery and the judges got it right. So you can stop saying Ward lost and start taking him seriously.

Comment

Therefore not a robbery and the judges got it right. So you can stop saying Ward lost and start taking him seriously.
                  When did i say it was a robbery? It was a close fight that Kovalev edged.

Comment

Deep down inside of him, Ward KNOWS he lost the fight.

Virgil's sweet whispers cannot change his mind either.

Looks at Wards' face when the decision is read out, he looks like a homeless guy finding out he won the lottery.

Comment

Ward doesn't even believe what he's saying. It's like he's trying to convince people he won when in his head he's telling himself he really lost.

Sure, Kovalev didn't finish him but he still dominated and won the next few rounds and won 3 of the last 6.

Comment

Working...
                      X