Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Mexicans & Blacks still dominate the sport of Boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Idk. Right now the influx of Eastern European fighters is making a dent & looking at some of the upcoming prospects it seems like its not gonna slow down. 3 of them are on the Transnational P4P list while 2 black guys & 1 Mexican also reside on the list.

Not sure the full history of Eastern Euros with titles & ranked among the legit top ten, but I gotta figure they are at their peak historically as we speak.
    Pretty much what I was trying to say before these guys jumped all over me lol.

Just pointing out that boxing is a global sport now more than ever at the top level.

I use Transnational too for my rankings, only list I trust to be unbiased

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Especially now that they got rid of the immigration rule for Cubans. We will probably see less defectors.
      I think Marcos Forestal was the last defector & he's been in the US for a couple years now iirc. So yea we've seen no defectors for awhile already & with the WSB thing I think thats helped with money issues for many of those guys.

But sooner or later the Cubans will come into the present with the rest of the Western world & when they do Cuban pros are gonna be killing it. I mean imagine pro boxing schools in Cuba like the amateur ones there now. Sh^t will be a breeding ground of talent & champions. And my boy Rigo might finally get the respect he should of gotten but as the Cuban Nacho Beristain.

Comment

Modern boxing isn't ruled by any race. Pacquiao, Wladimir, Mayweather and Vitali were among the most dominant fighters post 2003-ish. That's a Filipino, a black guy and 2 white guys. Ward, Kovalev, Lonachenko and GGG have been among the best in recent times. Every race has great fighters.

Comment

They do very well but they aren't as dominate as they once were. The K brothers ruled the heavyweights for many years. Russia is full of strong, tough, poor people willing to fight for a living. More and more often guys from that part of the world are winning world titles. The top 10 PFP fighters on most people's list include GGG. Kovalev and Loma. Ward is half white but his black half gets the credit for Ward being so good. He is thought of as a black boxer, not a white boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by Baltimore View Post
            Pretty much what I was trying to say before these guys jumped all over me lol.

Just pointing out that boxing is a global sport now more than ever at the top level.
            Yep. Looking at CW its ran by Eastern Euros right now if my geography isn't off anyway lol. Feel free to correct me if Latvia or Poland or some other place isn't officially EE. I am American after all & can't find US states I've been to on a map cuz I mean who realllly gives a f#ck.

#1 Usyk (11-0)
            #2 Gassiev (24-0)
            #3 Lebedev (29-3)
            #4 Glowacki (26-1)
            #7 Briedis (21-0)
            #8 Wlodarczyk (52-3-1)
            #9 Vlasov (38-2)

175 gots Kovalev, Beterbiev & Gvozdk in the top 10.

GGG is the man at 160.

140 gots Postol, Lipinets & Provodnikov.'

Loma is basically running things at 130 right now.

Zhanat Zhakiyanov is #2 at 118.

I mean its hardly a takeover or a monopoly, but go back just a few years & EE impact on boxing looked far less invasive then it does right now. And like I said there are still guys on the rise or just turning pro.

Comment

roberto duran is from panama.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                They do very well but they aren't as dominate as they once were. The K brothers ruled the heavyweights for many years
                I couldn't disagree with you more about this unless I'm forgetting who else was around when the K brothers were doing well. I don't recall anywhere near the impact EE's are having in boxing then they are right now & sh^t bro I go back to the Yuri Vaulin days lol. It was pretty much just the K brothers. Now there are a dozen or so very strong EE guys, 3 of which most consider P4P & a sh^tton on the rise still.

Ward is half white but his black half gets the credit for Ward being so good. He is thought of as a black boxer, not a white boxer.
                In fairness this is some white racist bs from way way back. White people are notorious for making anyone with a skin tone darker than a Cali white girl's tan a black person. Now when they can box their half white huh lol.

Seriously doe I could give a f#ck about racial makeup I find the nationality of guys more interesting cuz everyone is f#cking everyone anyway & there are a bunch of blacxicans & caucusaxicans & all sorts of mixes & matches. Everyone is a mutt these days or they will be a mutt soon.

Comment

Rn there's just an amazing farm system in Eastern Europe. It's lame to make this about race when it's more about geographical location.

Comment

In the main yes.

Comment

Black & Brown powah!

Haters gonna hate.

Ward, Canelo, Mikey Garcia, Deontay Wilder, Oscar Valdez, and so on..... dominate the sport

Who brings in more PPV Buys... Beefcake Canelo (none of that 97k or 110k garbage here)

Who's the #1 P4P... Ward

Who's the most exciting boxer right now.... Mikey G

Man, I keep on going. We run this muhphucka!

Comment

Working...
                      X