No announcement yet.

Just rewatched Roman/Rungvisai...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    No, i'm just trying to show you you can separate a decision you don't agree with and appreciate the fight itself despite the fact, lol.

I mean, I scored Ward/Kovalev for Kovalev but that doesn't make it any less of an enjoyable fight to watch, for example. My Ortiz/Berto example was another good one lol.
    It's not about 'agreeing' with it, i wasnt even a big roman fight before it, the heart he showed by coming back and winning it made me one however.

He won the fight, perhaps you should watch it again and score each round bud.

Comment

It was FOTY for me regardless of the decision. I both agree with the decision and am happy for Rungvisai but had Roman won I would feel the same way about the fight.

I wanted Berto to win and scored it for him in the Ortiz/Berto I fight but that didn't make the fight any less meaningful and special to me, sometimes you need to just separate the whole "who won" crap and just appreciate the actual combat in the ring, nevermind the results. Fans who can't do that imo have a harder time actually enjoying fights and I think that's kinda sad.
      Wait...you scored Ortiz vs Berto I for Berto!? Hmmm

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        It's not about 'agreeing' with it, i wasnt even a big roman fight before it, the heart he showed by coming back and winning it made me one however.

He won the fight, perhaps you should watch it again and score each round bud.

I was more of a fan of Roman than Rungvisai but both fighters won me over that night, I loved the heart and will to come back that Roman had, and I love the way Rungvisai went to war and would not be denied. One of those fights where everyone wins, including boxing itself, certainly the fans.

I have watched the fight 3 times and scored it the same each time around, but I am not here to argue over the results, that's the point - this is about appreciation for the fighters and their efforts, not the results which you may or may not agree with. There are a hundred threads for complaints about stuff like that, we need more flat out appreciation for the intricacies of the sport. We can celebrate the positives without being distracted by the negatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
          Wait...you scored Ortiz vs Berto I for Berto!? Hmmm

Yea I had it for Berto by slit decision, didn't have a problem with a draw or a win for Ortiz, it was a close fight, and a great fight, a fight that brought me closer to boxing at a time when other distractions in life had me drift briefly from it.

This was back when I (mistakenly) truly believed Berto could flourish into the biggest threat to Floyd, and this was when Ortiz was already known as a quitter, so it was easy to root for Berto going in.

Comment

I was more of a fan of Roman than Rungvisai but both fighters won me over that night, I loved the heart and will to come back that Roman had, and I love the way Rungvisai went to war and would not be denied. One of those fights where everyone wins, including boxing itself, certainly the fans.

I have watched the fight 3 times and scored it the same each time around, but I am not here to argue over the results, that's the point - this is about appreciation for the fighters and their efforts, not the results which you may or may not agree with. There are a hundred threads for complaints about stuff like that, we need more flat out appreciation for the intricacies of the sport. We can celebrate the positives without being distracted by the negatives.
            How you can score a fight to someone who is landing single shots while the other lands 5-6 as a reply, and in total lands nearly 200 more clean punches, i would love to hear it. Im guessing you were baked as fuk while watching!

And please don't reply with ' you dont win fights by landing a ton more punches.
            What's the criteria for the Thai winning? grunting loudly while landing single shots? because the other guy's face was bloody?

Comment

How you can score a fight to someone who is landing single shots while the other lands 5-6 as a reply, and in total lands nearly 200 more clean punches, i would love to hear it. Im guessing you were baked as fuk while watching!

And please don't reply with ' you dont win fights by landing a ton more punches.
              What's the criteria for the Thai winning? grunting loudly while landing single shots? because the other guy's face was bloody?

WAR RUNGVISAI!!!!

Comment

What a spectacle. What a treat. The kind of fight that reminds you why you love the sport. Two skilled warriors going toe to toe, leaving it all in the ring, what a show. Pure drama. sledgehammer shots, granite chins, hearts of lions.
                It was an incredible fight. Disagreed with the decision but as a fan I won and got my money's worth. Kinda fight you try and get non fans to watch because I mean seriously, how could they not become fans after watching it.

Comment

I'll bite.
                  • Walking through - literally - everything Choco threw. RING GENERALSHIP
                  • Slipped half the punches Choco threw. DEFENSE
                  • Dropped Choco in the first and was tagging him all night long. OFFENSE

Choco might have landed more, but according to most people here, punch velocity should be a thing. Ok, then by that logic, Minny Pacquiao was beating that ass over 12.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                    I'll bite.
                    • Walking through - literally - everything Choco threw. RING GENERALSHIP
                    • Slipped half the punches Choco threw. DEFENSE
                    • Dropped Choco in the first and was tagging him all night long. OFFENSE

Choco might have landed more, but according to most people here, punch velocity should be a thing. Ok, then by that logic, Minny Pacquiao was beating that ass over 12.
                    having a good chin does to equate to winning a fight.

neither does plodding forward, grunting while throwing single shot's....when you are countered by 6 or 7 in reply.

The judges / people were clearly swayed by the KD and the blood.
                    I just feel bad for gonzalez tbh. if he knew he would be jobbed on the card's, he didnt need to look to the heavens every time he got of his stool to summon the strength from god.. and just quit on his stool.

Comment

That wasn't even chocolatito's best. All the wars are starting to catch up to him. The Cuadras fight really took a lot out of him.

Comment

Working...
                      X