Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ppv nimbers are falling because americans dont want to see americans get whooped!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree. Once black people dominate a sport white people stop watching or invent their own (UFC).

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      Don't let this lame ass thread distract you from the fact that the Atlanta Falcons blew a 28-3 lead in the second half of the super bowl
      Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
      28+3=31

31=3-1

goldenstate warriors blew a 3-1 lead
      The real issue...

Comment

I don't know if pointing the finger at nationalism is right. First we have the internet that takes the biggest toll on ppv numbers. Anybody can get the fights within hours of any ppv. Secondly to get people to dish 60+ dollars for a show it needs to have a super fight, not just a couple stars. The promoters are throwing shiet against the wall hoping something sticks. There was a day when ppv would have three to four meaningful fights. Now they give us a star or two and a meaningless undercard. Nobody wants to spend that much money for two HBO fights and espn undercard.

Comment

Originally posted by eco1 View Post
          half true, half lie.
          Ward lost and was given a fight.
          Nah he won the whole 2nd half of the fight. But win or lose the PPV numbers were trash even though Ward was the favorite. American ppv numbers are dropping because Ward and Crawford don't have grandiose personalities to draw people into the sport the way the greatest fighter of this and the previous era Floyd Mayweather did. Hell Floyd is going to draw more buys to a mismatch against McGregor than TC & Ward ever will combined. Why? He has personality. There isn't a top American fighter with that type of personality besides Broner and Broner just isn't the goods. That is the reason for the decline in PPV and nothing more. Luis Ortiz also has no personality and would not sell jack on PPV and he's on you avi. Kind of a hilarious thread coming from a guy with a cuban on his avi. Cuban fighters have never had a PPV star ever!!

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
            I'll just leave this here.

Also, Cotto was born in America. Connecticut if I'm not mistaken, I'd have to watch that Canelo vs Cotto 24/7 again

Comment

PPV numbers are falling because there aren't many if any fighters who can excite the masses the way a Floyd, Pacquiao, Tyson, ODLH, Tito, etc .. did.

Boxing has no superstars. I wouldn't even call Canelo a superstar. Sure he has huge support from his Mexican fan base but that's about it. He doesn't have world wide appeal the way the fighters above had. Not to mention he's even lost lots of support due to his blatant ducking of GGG.

Truth of the matter is, Europe has taken over as far as boxing draw and popularity is concerned. This coming from an American.

Another reason is, most good fights between the top guys fighting in America are taking place on PPV. Fights that 10yrs ago would have been on regular HBO or Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by A.K View Post
                Look at the ppv guys

Canelo
                Ggg
                Cotto
                Pac

None are American you dumbass
                Cotto was born in Providence, Rhode Island, U.S., you dumbass

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                  Jesus ,i doesnt matter ,nobody considere him American ,his Puerto rican

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    It's that simple.

Its a nationalistic fanbase but unlike the days when

A) Their guys were not PED tested

And

B) other nations had very poor set ups.

Nowadays its an even playing field and if there is an american in the fight he could well get his ass whooped! By some euro or a cuban.

This is the real reason ppv buys are down. They no longer offer fat lazy americans the opportunity to sit on their ass and feel some sort of misguided patriotic pride because their guy beat some overmatched foreigner.
                    LOL soooo far off. Sooooo far off. Americans don't feel that through boxing anymore. PPV's being down is due tp the simple fact American would rather have a night on the town with dinner and a movie than pay 60 dollars for a **** card

Comment

Originally posted by R-C View Post
                      Wow you're stupid he grew up in pr and barely speaks a lick of English.

Comment

Working...
                      X