Comments Thread For: Jason Quigley Tested, Decisions a Very Game Glen Tapia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by deanrw View Post
    Scores were outrageous LOL
    Yeah that was bad lol. Tapia is from a town away from where I live.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      What is up with atlas? Damn talk about harping on a young kid with only 12 pro fights. I got Quigley winning 7-3. But damn when atlas has agenda he sure hammers it all fight long. Quigley punched himself out for the knockout. Gassed out and made the fight harder then it needed to be but ease on the kid damnit.
      Honestly, this just seems like vintage Atlas to me.

He's done this amateur ringside psychologist bit for years.

Atlas has his narratives and he just goes off on them and ignores what's actually happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigZ44 View Post
        The right guy won, but those cards were ****! 100-90 are you ****ing kidding me???
        Yeah not a shut out even though I wouldn't give Tapia more then 3 rounds. The right won the fight despite teddy screaming and yelling at Quigley all fight Tapia corner did want to stop the fight for a reason heading into the 9th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          He fought Glen Tapia. He'll be Glen Tapia in a couple years. He isn't that good. Young fighters are supposed to get guys like Tapia outta there without much trouble.
          He only lost 3 rounds he gassed himself out chasing a early ko rather then just box and let the knockout come. Thats the only reason tapia lasted. I'm not going to beat the kid up and act like it's the end of the world. He's too young and inexperienced give him another year before you put him in with low level contenders.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Yeah not a shut out even though I wouldn't give Tapia more then 3 rounds. The right won the fight despite teddy screaming and yelling at Quigley all fight Tapia corner did want to stop the fight for a reason heading into the 9th.
            I don't know, 3 rounds for Tapia seems like a lot.

Comment

• Great fight.

Comment

• The score cards were disgusting though....these judges are sold before the fight even takes place. What a freaking disgrace! They should all be punched in the face at least two times before they become judges.

Anyhow, with that being said Quigley has a long way to go. If Tapia had a little bit more pop in those hands he might have changed the fight. I don't know but I was not impressed with Jason tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                  Yeah that was bad lol. Tapia is from a town away from where I live.
                  I'm not sure Tapia knows that anymore though. Poor dude is punchy

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
                    Honestly, this just seems like vintage Atlas to me.

He's done this amateur ringside psychologist bit for years.

Atlas has his narratives and he just goes off on them and ignores what's actually happening.
                    Some day we will see Atlas say stuff like:
                    "This Quigley. Right now he is like that little train. Trying to get up that hill. He is saying I think I can I think I can. Then Atlas starts to yell I wanna see him yell I know I can I know I can. I want him to be the little train that could!!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      He fought Glen Tapia. He'll be Glen Tapia in a couple years. He isn't that good. Young fighters are supposed to get guys like Tapia outta there without much trouble.
                      I wouldn't go quite that far, but clearly Quigley isn't an A or B level prospect.

This fight ends any hype GBP was trying to build with him.

Quigley's definitely limited....and he looked worse because he got tired and arm weary early on.

This was a bad performance...maybe that helps him, GBP might slow their roll with him and he could learn from this.
                      Whatever happens with him, I doubt he has as bad of a career as Tapia.
                      Last edited by Mitchell Kane; 03-23-2017, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X