Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Pound for Pound Rankings: GGG is the new No. 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jubei you are incredibly sensitive man. It's pretty hilarious. ESPN giving Ward no votes shows they lack credibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
      he didn't have 5 votes, he had 5 points, he was voted 7th on one p4p list and 10th on another p4p list. that being said he isn't on my top 10 p4p list and i can't justify him making it to the list until he has at least 1 but likely 2 notable wins.
      SOmeone thinks he's the 7th best p4p fighter in the world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OMFG!!!

Comment

I would not put any stock into ESPN's rankings. Teddy atlas and that pilatti guy have terrible lists.

Teddy's list (He doesnt even have GGG in it):

Lomachenko
        Crawford
        Thurman
        Ward
        Kovalev
        Rigo
        Canelo
        Pacquiao
        Errol Spence
        Danny Garcia

Pilatti's List

GGG
        Crawford
        Roman
        Lomachenko
        Thurman
        Ward
        Kovalev
        Pacquiao
        Valdez
        Wilder

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Thanks for the clarification. That vote for 7th is a headscratcher.
          yeah i agree, he has maybe 1 top 10 heavyweight and an argument can be made that Bermane wasn't even top 10. Klitschko, Tyson Fury, Povetkin, Wilder, Joshua, Luis Ortiz, David Haye and a few others are among a few who I would rank better than Bermane

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post

No disrespect to Joe Cortez, who is a great veteran judge but.....

According to this list, Andre Ward is both the #2 and #8 best p4p fighter in the world AND Wilder is ahead of Sergey Kovalev who is #9.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              No disrespect to Joe Cortez, who is a great veteran judge but.....

According to this list, Andre Ward is both the #2 and #8 best p4p fighter in the world AND Wilder is ahead of Sergey Kovalev who is #9.
              He's firm but high!!!

Comment

hey i don't agree with it but everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it is a subjective list.

Comment

Originally posted by Irony123 View Post
                  hey i don't agree with it but everyone is entitled to their opinion, and it is a subjective list.
                  ESPN management is probably drug testing Cortez amd Pilatti right now.

The NFL guys are looking at his brain for CTE,

Comment

The top of p4p is a mess bc of bad decisions. I almost will accept anyone at the top, because everyone who has a claim to the top sport (Chocolatito, Ward, Kova, Loma) either officially lost a recent fight ...or actually should have lost, but got a gift.

I actually had GGG winning 114-113. HOWEVER, I just don't see how he moves up with that performance, against a dude who IS NOT a p4per.

I mean, the fight was very close. Based on that fight, I cant say with certainty that GGG is better than Jacobs. I think he is, and I would anticipate GGG winning a rematch, but I cant say that with certainty based on the fight.

I actually dropped GGG from #4 to #5 (between Bud & Loma).

On retrospect, I will maintain Chocolatito at #1 (he won). However, he hasn't looked great at 115, so the Kova - Ward II winner will likely overtake him. Loma has true #1 talent, but not the resume yet, and I cant just ignore the Salido loss, however controversial it was.

Comment

Exactly. I mean I didn't even realize it. I figured I'd troll him a bit with the no black voters thing.

then I went back and read it after DInamita03's post and said WTF Wilder is really there.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ESPN

If Rafael really loved the sport he'd quit in protest over such ******ation. Well he's got a new baby and a wife so maybe he should just fast until the next rankings come out.
                      Like always, you are wrong.

Wilder received 5 points, 1 out of all the voters had him on place 10, and one other guy had Wilder at place 7.

All the others didnt even give Wilder any points, so rest assured, Wilder is nowhere close to the top 10.

Comment

Working...
                      X