Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

De La Hoya going to offer a percentage split, $15 mil off the table for Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you sure the article is not fabricated? I'm just asking, because it states Golovkin vs. Lemieux has drawn 153k buys and Golovkin vs. Jacobs is likely to do more?!? I'm just curious, because all the smart people on this board tell me Loeffler is not a serious businessman. They tell me I should go with Glazer's numbers, because he has a special technique to determine exact ppv-figures by counting facebook likes of his friends. I'm confused now.

Comment

Loeffler would be a first rate shmuck if he believes one word Oscar / Gomez / Canelo say. Loeffler needs to get the Saunders fight done for June, and THEN worry about Canelo. If he waits till May he loses the opportunity at Saunders, and then Golden Boy will just start their same tired routine again.

"WE WANT THE GGG FIGHT!!!!" (fights Khan)

"WE WANT THE GGG FIGHT!!!!" (fights Smith)

"WE WANT THE GGG FIGHT!!!!" (fights Chavez)

I hope Loeffler doesn't fall for this nonsense again

Comment

Golovkin very likely will make over $15 mill for this fight, the question really is "How much more?"

Golovkin made $5 mill guaranteed against Brook and pocketed sponsorship money and a cut off the PPV in UK that did around 500K buys. Canelo will clearly get the Lion share. The only way I see GGG not caking off the fight is if the fight under performs BAD on PPV which I don't see happening. Does it do 2 Mill PPV buys? I don't think so but if it's around 1.3-1.4 I think both will have career paydays.

Comment

Points I've taken away from the article.
          1. Negotiations seem to be moving forward,due to the flat fee being off the table,and now a purse split being offered. IMO 30-35% would be acceptable for GGG,and they have no right to complain if that split nabs them less than the supposed 15 million that was floating around,since k2 were the ones that kept asking for a split.
          2. The Jacobs fight might not have done as badly as rumors say,if Toms numbers are to be believed.
          3. Delahoya trying to put up a roadblock by not allowing golovkin to fight in June. If GGG were to fight Saunders in June,it would only be a month after the Canelo-chavez fight. Trying to say that golovkin might get hurt/dropped/cut also applies to Canelo-chavez. All I'm seeing is that delahoya wants golovkin to sit out for 6 months,while Canelo stays active.
          4. Delahoya is still up to his old "marinating" shtick. The fight isn't may-pac,and there's been more than enough build up and anticipation for it,so 2 months is more than enough to promote it. People will buy the fight,so just get it done.

Comment

DLH isn't doing this because he's a nice guy. He's doing it because he isn't sure he'd get a return on his investment. If you pay GGG 15 million and the fight doesn't go that well he'd be assed out. It's smarter business to do a percentage split.

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
              "We have sponsors who want to begin to promote the day after the Chavez fight."

damn nobody give a fk about Chavez lol.

Oscar says he fears GGG getting cut, hurt or injured vs Billy Hoe. if none of those things happened vs Jacobs there's nothing to worry about. let that man fight in June.

sounds to me they're going to snatch Billy Hoe away from GGG and have Canelo fight him.

if GGG becomes undisputed in June that makes the Canelo fight bigger. Canelo gets to snatch four belts and GGG tries to break Hopkins record.

"not enough time to promote" is nonsense. this fight has been getting promoted for two years now.

gut feeling tells me Oscar is not done marinating. I won't hold my breath.
              basics. that's why they lined Canelo up w/ the WBO. as 154lb champ, he moves up and gets installed as #1 contender @ 160.

I hope K2 doesn't fall for Oscar's okey-doke.

A flat $15m is not chump change at all, but clearly GGG and his team are optimistic about the potential revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                Lol damn gg got ***ed. Imagine if his % ends up less than 15 mil
                Yup I been saying all year K2 are a bunch of idiots should of took the original deal months BEFORE the numbers come out for both their fights. Now you waited Jacobs fight flopped so of course now you getting offered less. GGG now needs to learn from their mistake and agree to terms before the next shoe drops. Because canelo/Chavez is going to make a lot of money and when those ppvs figures come out the gap between Canelo and GGG get wider...and the offer could be less.

Comment

Originally posted by BlakBread904 View Post
                  basics. that's why they lined Canelo up w/ the WBO. as 154lb champ, he moves up and gets installed as #1 contender @ 160.

I hope K2 doesn't fall for Oscar's okey-doke.

A flat $15m is not chump change at all, but clearly GGG and his team are optimistic about the potential revenue.
                  That's pretty much the point. This is the biggest fight in Boxing right now and you gotta capitalize on getting as much "realistically" as you can. I always make the example of if Manny took the $40 mill flat fee Floyd initially offered and didn't sit and negotiate when they finally did he would've missed out on an extra $60 mill in revenue after PPV buys / gate revenue came in. This isn't AS big a fight but same still applies. Not only GGG, but this is Canelo's biggest payday of his career (if he gets passed Chavez of course)

Comment

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
                    I6magine that. GBP backtracking on that "MUH $15 MILLION DOE!"
                    Just like I said they would. $15 Million "offers" written on hot air.
                    ****** GGG stock just feel this weekend of course the offer value will change. K2 gambled that GGG stock is on the rise so they will get more money from golden boy. It backfired and the worst possibility happened. PPV looks like a disaster less buys then even the lemieux fight and in the ring he looked bad with many feeling Jacobs beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Allegedly offers $15 million already knowing what GGG did on PPV against Lemuiex. Fight with Jacobs does slightly better and now they pull the $15 million in fear of losing money? Lol, so transparent that the offer was BS...
                      That's a lie the early numbers have BEEN worse then lemieux PPV. This is how business works they had 15m on the table these idiots didn't want to take it. New numbers are out showing GGGs draw and star power are less so now new offer will reflect that. And that number could fall more after Chavez does almost 1m ppv. Tom needs to stop hiding contracts from GGG the earlier he signs the better.

Comment

Working...
                      X