Any news on Rigo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
    uhmmmmm, huh?

He did over a Mil vs Donaire, and did respectable numbers against Agbeko, considering it was up against a Showtime card that night. Those are facts. Look them up yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
      "Rigo, boring, Rigo, boring, Rigo bad, Rigo bad" It must be true then
      http://www.badlefthook.com/2013/12/1...ng-on-night-of

Comment

Compare those ratings to other HBO fight ratings where they went head to head with Showtime.

Comment

Rigondeaux-Agbeko was the lowest-rated Boxing After Dark main event in the 17-year history of the series.

"bob arum is salty doe because rigo beat his filipino star".

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
            Compare those ratings to other HBO fight ratings where they went head to head with Showtime.
            Rigondeaux-Agbeko was the lowest-rated Boxing After Dark main event in the 17-year history of the series.

Comment

I get the business side of it. There was simply no effort to at least try the build the brand IMO. There was also a sudden media lynching ie Raphael, Iole constant hit pieces. Remember like it was yesterday man. So I do agree, on most of what you say, however the sudden backlash post Donaire and continued media scrutinization seemed somewhat premeditated or at least developed after careful sitting at the table by HBO execs/ Arum.

there was no effort?

the guy was on TV after stinking hte place out several times. after he beat donaire they tried their absolute best. youd on't think arum likes money? HBO?

they ditched him because you can make more money with a mexican punchingbag, and you won't literally damage the sport of boxing as a brand by bringing in such a boring fighter.

new viewers may potentially watch a rigondeaux fight and never watch a boxing match again. he is that bad for boxing. if people could make money off of him they would. there's no conspiracy or agenda here. the guy couldn't sell out a cuban chicken joint in miami. he squandered a ton of talent in the amatuers and was a lost cause when he got to a sport that is an industry dependent on entertaining fans.

Comment

That Flores fight is ****, hope they find someone else

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  Im not cuban.
                  Yo, I forgot about you Shawn. So that makes the fanbase 3 deep now? Is dan still part of this cult? I wouldn't be surprised if he opted out.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
                    "See Warnings"
                    Will instantly put you to sleep.

Comment

btw, did my missing streak go past yours post Matthysse, Garcia? Brother, you were on milk cartons!
                      I went completely MIA. I couldn't bare the embarrassment.

Comment

Working...
                      X