Collapse
No announcement yet.

IT'S OFFICIAL! Andre Ward is P4P King!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ward fanboys with their false equivalencies. wad-kov was close just like ggg-jacobs. lol not even. ward clearly lost and didnt clearly win a round. ggg won a close fight. desperation

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
      Don't know why people are complaining, Ward had a close fight against the P4P #2, not some B Level guy that was a massive underdog.

Question is how the fuck is Golovkin on the lists and ahead of guys with clearly superior wins? It can't be the eye test anymore, he failed that, certainly can't be resume.

nothing but truth here

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
        Most on here had Kovalev beating Ward, it would be quite a reach to say they'd consider Ward p4p number 1.
        So you have none.

Comment

Most on here had Kovalev beating Ward, it would be quite a reach to say they'd consider Ward p4p number 1.
          But he didn't get the decision, same way Jacobs didn't as you keep repeating.

Ward is #1 in the rankings that we all deem the most credible.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and "stay salty".

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Would the majority of fans agree Ward is p4p number 1?

Would the majority of pundits?

No.

Therefore it's meaningless.

p4p is subjective, you have to be universally considered the best p4p for that mythical title to have any credence. Most sports writers and fans had Ward losing.

Comment

Crawford ragdollin Gamboa and Postol got nothing on House arrest Wade. Real talk! !

Comment

Originally posted by LOLffler View Post
                So you have none.
                I'll make a poll soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pacmanis1 View Post
                  P4P is such a cluster**** right now. You got Ward who I thought lost to Kov, GGG who I thought lost to Jacobs, and Roman who I thought won. Kinda makes me miss the days of arguments between Pacquio and Floyd fans.
                  lol it is a mess. I thought Ward/Kovalev could have went either way. The first time I watched it I was sure Kovalev won. I watched it a second time a few days later & had Ward winning by 1 point. And now I just watched the fight last night again & had Kovalev winning by 1 point. I'm fine with Ward getting the decision since it was an extremely close fight, but I genuinely thought Golovkin lost clearly both times I watched it. I don't know if it's just me but I really felt Golovkin didn't do much at all in almost half the rounds. I didn't score the Gonzalez fight so I'm not sure if I thought he really won or not.

Comment

Would the majority of fans agree Ward is p4p number 1?

Would the majority of pundits?

No.

Therefore it's meaningless.

p4p is subjective, you have to be universally considered the best p4p for that mythical title to have any credence. Most sports writers and fans had Ward losing.
                    You're right. When Floyd retired and Pac took the spot as #1, Floyd wad technically p4p #1 in recess!

"Subjectivity" is so flexible innit. Ring gets advisory from North Korea with rankings

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      But he didn't get the decision, same way Jacobs didn't as you keep repeating.

Ward is #1 in the rankings that we all deem the most credible.

Perhaps you should take your own advice and "stay salty".
                      Pound for pound is subjective and subject to consensus.

Majority of pundits and fans had Ward losing. Therefore it's silly to assume there's a consensus that he's p4p number 1 because he clearly isn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X