• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I already picked. Linares, wide UD 2x

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I think I already picked. Linares, wide UD 2x
      Possibly. I mentioned everyone, including myself and Bob. Too much work going thru the list to see who picked and who didn't.

Comment

Linares UD

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
          Possibly. I mentioned everyone, including myself and Bob. Too much work going thru the list to see who picked and who didn't.
          Yeah ive picked already but i definitely cant see this being anything than a rinse and repeat of before.

Linares too much for a very durable Crolla. Ultimately Million Dollar just gets straight outboxed but loses to a close decision due to hometown judges.

Scorecards will more than likely be closer than what we score here on NSB when we watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
            Yeah ive picked already but i definitely cant see this being anything than a rinse and repeat of before.

Linares too much for a very durable Crolla. Ultimately Million Dollar just gets straight outboxed but loses to a close decision due to hometown judges.

Scorecards will more than likely be closer than what we score here on NSB when we watch it.
            When you have someone as durable as Crolla vs someone with fragile skin such as Linares', anything is possible. Never forget the DeMarco fight.

Comment

When you have someone as durable as Crolla vs someone with fragile skin such as Linares', anything is possible. Never forget the DeMarco fight.
              Absolutely, but Crolla seemed to go in with the same gameplan as he did with Barroso.

Barroso was always going to tire, and Crolla realistically gave very little outlay to get that win once Barroso was blowing out of his arse.

It was a great strategy but when they employed it against Linares, who seemed to be just as happy to move, outbox and be quick and agile in the final four rounds as he was in the first four, it was a disaster.

No punch outlay against a guy who wasnt going to tire or blow to a point where crolla can start doing anything.

Crolla also seems to be a devastating body puncher his last 4 fights or so, and fights brilliant on the inside with a really tight defense, but Linares is too technically sound for that to work and its his thin skin and cuttable face that is his weakpoint.

I dont think Crolla goes enough for Linares's weak skin and instead runs out of ideas. He's had a great, definitely out of his league run since winning that WBA, but he is B + Level at the very best.

As a Brit, i'd still love him to win. If he does however, Mikey absolutely devstates him with the WBC mando fight.

Comment

Originally posted by yammy25 View Post
                Absolutely, but Crolla seemed to go in with the same gameplan as he did with Barroso.

Barroso was always going to tire, and Crolla realistically gave very little outlay to get that win once Barroso was blowing out of his arse.

It was a great strategy but when they employed it against Linares, who seemed to be just as happy to move, outbox and be quick and agile in the final four rounds as he was in the first four, it was a disaster.

No punch outlay against a guy who wasnt going to tire or blow to a point where crolla can start doing anything.

Crolla also seems to be a devastating body puncher his last 4 fights or so, and fights brilliant on the inside with a really tight defense, but Linares is too technically sound for that to work and its his thin skin and cuttable face that is his weakpoint.

I dont think Crolla goes enough for Linares's weak skin and instead runs out of ideas. He's had a great, definitely out of his league run since winning that WBA, but he is B + Level at the very best.

As a Brit, i'd still love him to win. If he does however, Mikey absolutely devstates him with the WBC mando fight.
                Fair enough, mate. I'm most likely gonna pick Linares as well but dunno if wide or close. It's just that with Linares nothing is ever a certainty.

Comment

Fair enough, mate. I'm most likely gonna pick Linares as well but dunno if wide or close. It's just that with Linares nothing is ever a certainty.
                  Id say the only way Crolla wins is via KO/TKO with a bodyshot or chin check from the gods.

Other than that, Linares isnt a profound KO artist so I'd say he wins on points. Like i said in my first post, its in manchster so i can see us scoring it wide, but the judges scoring it by only two or so rounds to Jorge

Comment

First time I saw Linares was when he beat Larios for the featherweight title. Great fighter, fun to watch. The way Jorge fought was the "sweet science", to my mind.
                    Linares is faded now but still too much for the Brit.
                    Jorge by decision but I wouldn't be shocked if he's robbed .

Comment

Originally posted by ruedboy View Post
                      First time I saw Linares was when he beat Larios for the featherweight title. Great fighter, fun to watch. The way Jorge fought was the "sweet science", to my mind.
                      Linares is faded now but still too much for the Brit.
                      Jorge by decision but I wouldn't be shocked if he's robbed .
                      I love Linares' style. It's so beautiful to watch. Last time I loved someone's style this much was prime Morales.

Comment

Working...
                      X