Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to make up their mind about jabs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A power punch is worth more than a jab. This is professional boxing not no outdated amateur point boxing.

GGG was a lot busier and more consistent but Canelo landed the more eye catching heavier shots. It was a close fight and a draw IMO was the right decision.

Comment

Who dismissed his jab? It is GGG's best weapon I think. He is always on the front foot coming at you with it, and you know something will follow behind it. It's not some bull**** jab, tap you and get distance ****.

It's his main pressure weapon. He works off the jab like an ace.

Comment

Boxers are followed mostly by people of the same race who blindly and biasedly defend their fighter who they support. Some fighters fight like cowards and hug no way I can be a fan of that style.

Comment

Originally posted by respectthebrush View Post
          Who dismissed his jab? It is GGG's best weapon I think. He is always on the front foot coming at you with it, and you know something will follow behind it. It's not some bull**** jab, tap you and get distance ****.

It's his main pressure weapon. He works off the jab like an ace.
          Put it this way.

Anyone who thought Canelo won tonight, dismissed Golovkin's jab. That's the point I'm making - they're inconsistent with who, when and why they'll support jabs to win fights.

Comment

Making those quotes up

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Making those quotes up
              Nope. Paraphrased, not made up. You should recognize Mayweather/Pacquiao from Skip Bayless, in fact.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                Put it this way.

Anyone who thought Canelo won tonight, dismissed Golovkin's jab. That's the point I'm making - they're inconsistent with who, when and why they'll support jabs to win fights.
                I see what you mean. I kind of alluded to it. GGG has a very great jab.

I had GGG beating Jacob's and Canelo in close fights. His jab won both of those fights imo. Like I said he works off his jab.

Comment

I thought Canelo won. He LITERALLY had GGG when he wanted barring his endurance literally. Whenever Canelo was the aggresor he bested GGG. And he even bested GGG off the ropes.
                  The question is this as Max Kellerman always puts it, "which fighter would you rather be in a given round?"
                  Despite GGG pursuing I woulld have rather been Canelo receiving GGG's jab vs. GGG receiving Canelo's power punch.
                  Again, Canelo had GGG whenever his endurance allowed. This was not the case for GGG regardless of endurance.

Comment

Jabs seem to count to everbody but judges, I agree good clean power shots count more. Tonight GGG threw and landed more jabs, threw more power shots and only landed a few less than Canelo and you see the scores. Also, does effective agression/Ring Generalship not count anymore either. Canelo landed more body shots but since when did judges start counting body shots again anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Are all jabs created equal? Is Paulies jab the same as GGG? One snaps your head back and swells you up, the other makes you feel like a flea bit you..
                      There were no head snapping jabs tonight

Comment

Working...
                      X