Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People need to make up their mind about jabs.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    Then you weren't paying attention shortly after the fight where people accused Thurman of barely throwing after round 3 and resorting to just light taps (jabs) on the backfoot.

Yet GGG does the same damn thing in round 8 and somehow he's dominant.
    Show me a link where more than 3 people said Garcia won or Thurman was tapping Garcia to a win. I remember pretty clearly that people were only complaining that Thurman basically used his footwork against flat footed Garcia in the championship rounds which I had no problems with and I gave those rounds to Thurman.

There's a big difference on how effective Thurman was moving against Garcia then the way Jacobs was moving against ggg. If it's not obvious to you then I'm just gonna stop talking about it.

Comment

GGG did not control a damn thing with his jab. wtf these people talking about.

Jacobs was ring general all night period. when he wanted to get off the ropes he did with ease.

if anything Jacobs controlled GGG with combos. everytime Jacobs fired a flurry all GGG did was freeze, wait and then reset.

"his jab was snapping his head back doe" Jacobs jab did the same ****.

GGG ignored the body completely because he feared Danny's reflexes to counter him. meanwhile Jacobs mixed punches up head and body all night.

GGG lost.

and I dont wanna get into Compubox debates. mofos only find those stats useful when it suits them.

Comment

Mayweather/Pacquiao: "Nah bruh, you can't win a fight with just a jab"/"The pitty pat punches, it's not enough! It's not enough to win the fight!"

Garcia/Thurman: "Garcia won that, all Thurman did was jab and run"

Holyfield/Valuev: "The right man won, all Holyfield did was jab"

Yet...

Klitschko/Fury: "Klitschko won that fight, his jab controlled it!"

Golovkin/Jacobs: "Golovkin clearly controlled the fight with his jab, that's why he won doe"

Eubank/Saunders: "Eubank got exposed, Saunders' jab was in Eubank's face all night long"

Make up your mind. Either an effective jab wins the fight or it doesn't.
        Was the knockdown from a jab? Was Jacobs, late in the fight buzzed, from a jab? Or was the jab used effectively to set up more powerful shots?

Comment

A jab is a jab bro. You don't score on how hard someone's punch hits. By that logic Shannon Briggs lost to Foreman in 97.
          You don't understand what a jab is bro. GGG has one of the best if not the best jab in the game you can't compare that and what it does to a soft jab that is just there to throw your timing off or get you out of rythm. This isn't the amatures where you score a point based on if the white part of the glove touches ignoring the actual impact it has

Comment

Originally posted by DeLorean View Post
            GGG did not control a damn thing with his jab. wtf these people talking about.

Jacobs was ring general all night period. when he wanted to get off the ropes he did with ease.

if anything Jacobs controlled GGG with combos. everytime Jacobs fired a flurry all GGG did was freeze, wait and then reset.

"his jab was snapping his head back doe" Jacobs jab did the same ****.

GGG ignored the body completely because he feared Danny's reflexes to counter him. meanwhile Jacobs mixed punches up head and body all night.

GGG lost.

and I dont wanna get into Compubox debates. mofos only find those stats useful when it suits them.
            Was Floyd ring general when being used as punch bag by maiudana?
            Being outjabed by maidana a d his body softened up?
            I suppose all the punches were missing weren't they.....not?

Comment

This is my point. Exactly my point.

People here are inconsistent. First it's "GGG controlled with the jab". Then it's "GGG's jabs are like power punches and that's why he won". Then it's "GGG's jabs did more damage".

There are TWO measures. It's a power punch or a jab, and you connect or you don't. There is no "Fighter A punched with X force" measure.

Then what pisses me off is they'll say this crap about the Golovkin fight yet when you look at Chocolatito who looked like he was in a 9AM car crash after Rungvisai, it's like "Choco got robbed doe"

I'm sick of the inconsistency! If you want to grade outcomes based on facial damage, Chocolatito got exposed THREE times and should have lost THREE times.
              Inconsistency or just plain hypocrisy, you'll never leave disappointed if you come looking for it on a boxing forum. Let's not pretend it's confined to fans of one particular stripe, however.

Comment

Originally posted by cork View Post
                Show me a link where more than 3 people said Garcia won or Thurman was tapping Garcia to a win. I remember pretty clearly that people were only complaining that Thurman basically used his footwork against flat footed Garcia in the championship rounds which I had no problems with and I gave those rounds to Thurman.

There's a big difference on how effective Thurman was moving against Garcia then the way Jacobs was moving against ggg. If it's not obvious to you then I'm just gonna stop talking about it.
                I'm not doing your job for you. You can go pull the threads saying Garcia got robbed yourself.

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                This isn't the amatures where you score a point based on if the white part of the glove touches ignoring the actual impact it has
                A jab connects or it doesn't. Period. Force is irrelevant in scoring.

Done.

Comment

And I feel it quite appropriate to bump this thread, since people are grossly overrating McGregor for fighting the same way Floyd did against Manny.

Without the jab, it would have been a blowout for Floyd. Period.

Comment

Updated for Canelo/Golovkin since people flat out dismiss Golovkin's jabs all night long this fight, yet praised it against Jacobs.

Comment

I always favor power punching.

Comment

Working...
                      X